+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thats it, ive had it with my brother

My brother has completely excluded me and my family for his birthday.

My bother has never made a secret of the fact he doesnt like kids. Hes barely spoken to either of my kids and has only come to their birthday parties because his fiance as made him. And then, he stands in the corner making it obvious he doesnt wana be there.
    This takes the cake though, its his 30th birthday today and invited my mum, and fiance's family but didnt even tell me he was having a get together.

Now, i get it, not everyone whats kids at their birthday party, but as his sister shouldnt i at least get the choice to come. Even if he said something along the lines of 'im having a dinner, would you and DH want to come. Id prefer no kids but i understand if that eans you cant make it'. I get it, but it still hurts.

So im so over his 'i hate kids' rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time to tell him how you feel I think one of my sisters friends freaks out if toddlers come anywhere near her. No joke. It's ridiculous. Some people for some reason can't tolerate them. Wait till he has kids! *just deserts*

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're right he should have given you the choice!!

My older sister heals my nephew for literally two minutes, he did not fuss he was just happy to be held then she passed him to me and said "I'm done that's all I can do with a baby, remember that when you have kids"

My in laws are all baby sitting baby loving baby having girls though so at least that's one side of the family I know I can visit when I get my kiddies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op hugs. I know how you feel. I have had friendships end because I have kids and they don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs from me too loislane! I know all too well what it's like to struggle with your brother's choices and behaviour. Very hard to take sometimes but you just have to decide not to let it affect you. I've done that in the past and it makes life much easier.

I hope he wakes up to himself soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rude!! I just had my 30th and I have 3 kids of my own but it was strictly a no kids birthday. If you can't make it then that's fine but he could have at least given you the option ! Grr I'd be fuming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly? He is acting like a child! Sulking in a corner as he has to go to a kids party? I would expect that sort of behaviour from my 5 and 7 year olds but not from a grown man. His behaviour is ridiculous and his parents should have pulled him up on it and not let it get to this point.

He was being rude to you and your family and thats not on. Not sure what sort of relationship you have with your brother but maybe you need to pull him aside and just ask him what his problem is and hopefully sort it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How would you have reacted if he said no kids? Its his life and he has the right to not want to spend time around kids. Just brush it off and move forward dont let it take too much time from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    How would you have reacted if he said no kids? Its his life and he has the right to not want to spend time around kids. Just brush it off and move forward dont let it take too much time from you.
    I do agree with you to a point that he has a right to not want kids at his party however I would be extremely upset if my sister had a milestone birthday party and invited our parents but didnt even let me know.

Its not that hard to say....having a birthday party, its not kids....do you want to go? Then she can decide whether she wants to or not. That is simply being thoughtful and mindful of the other person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    That's a bit insensitive.

OP, I would let him know that you were disappointed that he didn't even invite you. Some people just aren't into kids and that's fair enough, but he could be a bit more respectful about it all.