+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicB2 View Post
    I have one of those sponge sticks that you fill with dish washing liquid for washing dishes for my shower. it has about 1/4 dish washing liquid and 3/4 vinegar in it - just rub it over the whole shower and rinse off, easy and great results much better than any of the other products I have tried!
    I do the same. I give one side of the shower a clean each day. Only takes 2 minutes. What I have found makes a HUGE difference is making sure the shower is dry after. I give it a quick wipe with a microfibres cloth and it has been clean ever since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another white vinegar user here. And squeegy the glass and tiles quickly after last shower means actual cleaning is required a lot less often.
    And Enjo the rest of the bathroom.
    Don't own any 'cleaning isle' products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been meaning to get back online and thank everyone for their replies. Given the great reviewer, I have gone out and bout some Gumption. I haven't tried it out just yet but will do so in the next few days, so fingers crossed!
    I am interested in trying baking soda and vinegar though, but I have a question (maybe a dumb one) about how you use this. Do you make a mix of both in a spray bottle, or do you somehow shake the baking soda on then spray with vinegar alone? How about on the wall tiles in the shower?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use 100% vinegar on my grout. I have it in a spray bottle and spray the grout a few times a week to stop mould growing. Because I quickly squeegy the glass & tiles straight after showering I never really have to scrub the shower because dirt doesn't build up. Every now and then the floor grout looks grubby so I scrub with a toothbrush and some Enjo paste which is like gumption.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone dilute the vinegar with water for cleaning? I have a cast iron bath tub I can't clean with chemicals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually just sprinkle baking soda and then pour a little vinegar on it and make a paste. Do whatever you feel is easiest but a spray bottle won't work because once they combine its quite thick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wipes for the shower screen, not sure which brand. Easy Off Bam for everything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just recently discovered magic erasers. I originally bought it to wipe away marks on walls and skirting boards and have since discovered it cleans just about everything. I used it to clean the shower and it gets rid of soap scum easy and my screen was super shiny! I squeegee after every shower still. I've also gotten rid of colored marks on the tub from the bath toys with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    tea tree oil for the toilet. Amazing stuff.

Windex for the mirrors.

And gumption and/or something Earth choice for the surfaces.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what do you use on your glass doors? I am worried scratching them trying to get all the scum off and am sick of using all the chemicals.