Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Icy poles & pasta, then after bubs, carrot cake and champagne lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had some toast early labour, by the time I was really into it I was in way to much pain to eat.

After they gave me milo and sandwiches

Mummy to DD 21 months
    Lola kitty
    DS due July 2013

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing, I sipped at some water throughout but couldn't stomach food. After not eating for around 40 hours I was starving when DS was born. Luckily the mw's were able to find a couple of sandwiches at 3am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nothing. Not one thing from around midnight sunday till after he was born tuesday morning....and even then, I think it was dinner? (csect)

Oh, monday night around midnight before they put the epi in, they let me suck on shaved ice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got really excited in my last few weeks of pregnancy about what I would pack for my 'labour food '! I bought totally odd food to take: a big bag of the old fashioned boiled sweets, and, bizarrely, beef jerky!! Sensible me also took some muesli bars!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started contractions (mild) late at night and was home until 4pm the next day. I ate fairly normally while I was at home as I felt like I was managing fine. I did keep portions small though. Things started getting really intense at about 3pm and I didn't eat anything until DD was born at 8:30am the next morning.

I had cold toast with margarine and thought it was amazing! I was so starving all of a sudden. I still crave cold toast 20 months later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt eat with either of my labours.
    first i didnt have dinner as we were going to go to the hospital when hubby finished work at 5:30pm to get a slow leak checked out but then my waters gushed out at 4:30pm so we had to go to hospital. from memory just water.
    with the second we had dinner around 5-6pm then just before 7pm i started getting contractions.
    i wasnt hungry and just sipped water.
    both of my sons were born early morning (1.59am and 12:18am) so not like i was missing much food wise anyway.

after my first son was born i was starving after not having dinner and asked for a sandwich but as i had 2 shots of oxytocin it made me sick and i vomitted as soon as they took me to see ds in the nursery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My labour started at 430am and I ate a little bit of a muesli bar. At about 730am I was 6-7cm sucking on the gas and it made me spew once. DD was born at 822am and I didn't eat anything until after lunch which was a nibble on some sandwiches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing. My labour was only 6 hours from first bit of pain to DD out into the world. It started at 11pm so I'd already had dinner at 6pm.

Part of me was disappointed. I thought it'd be a long labour so I had stocked up on snacks and juice to get me through labour. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't eat during labour