+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 3 were all induced & each time was advised to have a good breakfast before going in - toast, cereal & fruit etc

DD1 wasnt born till evening so had nothing all day then a late dinner.

DD2 & DS were born by lunchtime so had late lunch after showering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I have never eaten but my longest labor was 45 minutes so not much time to do anything lol
    Goddam! How many were there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once I had been admitted to hospital, I had a full dinner and breakfast and timed the birth perfectly because lunch arrived about 5 minutes after. I was so hungry the moment dd came out, it was like I had not eaten for a week lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My contractions started about 9:30pm so I didn't have anything to eat until just after she was born at 7:30..... Just in time for breakfast!!! I wasn't very hungry then as I think I was in shock, but sent DH out to get a piece of cheesecake at about 11am.

It was nice to eat without getting heartburn too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrinnZiggy View Post
    Goddam! How many were there?
    We have 5 children the first was 45 minutes which was the longest, the shortest was 7 minutes was my last my son was 15 minutes almost had him in the triage room lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing. I love my food but eating was the last thing I wanted to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    We have 5 children the first was 45 minutes which was the longest, the shortest was 7 minutes was my last my son was 15 minutes almost had him in the triage room lol
    Do you mean 15min from pain to baby or for pushing? Why were you already in triage if you werent in labour?

With my first i had a few biscuits in early stages (was a 22hr labour) and threw it all up later.

With my second i was in silent labour so had breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day (didnt think it was real labour). Then i had nothing after the 'pain' hit, bub was born 3hrs later. (was in silent labour for 12hrs, 'painful' labour for three)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Do you mean 15min from pain to baby or for pushing? Why were you already in triage if you werent in labour?

With my first i had a few biscuits in early stages (was a 22hr labour) and threw it all up later.

With my second i was in silent labour so had breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day (didnt think it was real labour). Then i had nothing after the 'pain' hit, bub was born 3hrs later. (was in silent labour for 12hrs, 'painful' labour for three)

From I think I am in labor to baby being here. I was in triage because We drove to the hospital we lived 5 minutes away and I went to the ER and told them I was in labor and they needed to get me in right away lol they took me to ER triage and I told them I needed to go now no time or they were going to have a baby there they got me up to labor and delivery and he was out in no time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hope mine is quicker next time too. I had a 22hr and a 3hr, hopefully the next is 1.5hrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    No time to eat for me with either child. Honestly it was the last thing on my mind.

With ds1 I had him in the very early hours and barely touched breakfast. Ds2 arrived well after dinner time and same with him, I was still to zonked to eat the next day.

I do know people that have smacked during labour, one of these everyone's different situations