+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm impressed that you wax yourself lol

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Brazilian recently (31 weeks pregnant, shaving is a near impossibility) if I can find somewhere that does a 7 min one I reckon I'd give it a shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crashing...

Just curious about waxing this area......how itchy do you
    get in terms of regrowth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you draw a (mental) horizontal line across your hoohaa at the level of the top of the split, with the top being the pubic mound and under the line being 'below', then below does not itch for regrowth, and above itches like a beyotch. So I only wax 'below' because I get the same effect and feeling of cleanliness without the unbearable itch. The itch starts on about ten days post wax and lasts about 2-3 days for me, then it's fine, you should just make sure to keep up the exfoliating to combat ingrown hairs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It doesn't itch in my experience.

The hair grows back with a fine tip, like all unwaxed/unshaved hair. So it's softer than when you shave - where you give it a blunt angled tip that causes the itching and discomfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Boys Blue View Post
    I haven't had a 7 minute brazilian but I've had a few normal ones. I can honestly say that I find leg waxing waaaaayyyy more painful than a Brazilian!
    Ditto.

I do it myself but i find if i get it done professionally, the faster they do it the less it hurts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a brazzy the first time when I was pregnant. I started with a g-string wax, and each time I had more taken off until I was finally getting it all off. I think this helped as each time there was only a small amount of 'virgin' territory being waxed.

I go regularly now with no issues. And I am such a baby! It hurts like a mofo for a couple of seconds and its over.

Once you wax you will never go back ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's faster but not necessarily less painful. I have seen the 7 minute technique performed but I don't feel this is the better option.

A Brazillian in 7 minutes (unless you are really sparse down there), in my view, is irresponsible. Our vaginas are delicate creatures and care should be taken when performing this procedure so when I hear people bragging about how fast they can do them, I run away. This is one instance where faster is not better.

The wax used by the 7MBW Co is a pliable synthetic wax and this does assist with speed and efficiency but it is vastly overpriced and other Australian companies provide the same thing (it's just packaged differently).

However, the key is technique. Personally, I prefer sugaring to waxing but, again, it's all in the technique.

(And if someone ever makes you get on all fours to get the wax done, get out of there).

Itching can be avoided if you exfoliate prior to your wax and then on a regular basis after the wax. However, if the itching is intense or in a particular area, see a doctor as this could mean you have an infection.

And, of course, if you're a diabetic, XXX waxing is a big no-no.
    Last edited by happy wanderer; 01-04-2013 at 23:14. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Boys Blue View Post
    I haven't had a 7 minute brazilian but I've had a few normal ones. I can honestly say that I find leg waxing waaaaayyyy more painful than a Brazilian!
    Same for me too - I can't even get my legs done now.

Albert01 - I never get any itchiness from a Brazilian. I actually used to from shaving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Same for me too - I can't even get my legs done now..
    I can get a braz done no worries, but my arms OMG I got half of one arm done and had to stop!!! Lol