+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7.5 Month Old Sleeping Issue.

My daughter has been an excellent sleeper up until 3 nights ago. She previously had the odd occasion of waking up early but was generally asleep between 7-8pm and would wake up from 7-8am. Now she's decided 4:30 is her wake up time and absolutely will not go back to sleep even though she can hardly keep her eyes open. She's been "teething" (biting her dummy and hands plus dribbling a lot) for a month or two but nothing is through. Any ideas if this is a wonder week or something? Teething? Or maybe karma is catching me for having such a good sleeper so early??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It could be a sign bub is ready to 'move up a routine.' This could involve upping the solids (especially protein such as meat as it is more filling). Or it could involve changing the day naps. Bub could be ready to cut the third day nap. Or if bub usually has the first day nap at 9am, it could be time to push it back to 9:30.

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I posted this exact thread when my DS was the same age... He just grew out of it. He only ever had a total of 1.5-2 hours sleep in the day so couldn't change anything there...

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep probably teething as it usually takes a while for anything to show. I also agree to up the protein for meals . It will most likely be a short term thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jordansmumma For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP - My DS is the same age, and although he has 2 new teeth I put his sleep problems down to other developmental leaps. He is trying to crawl, eating/trying lots of new foods, going out more, interacting with new adults and babies, learning heaps, taking less breast milk and getting harder to take naps. Also I have noticed daylight savings is finishing soon, so the sun is rising and setting at odd times.

He has had me up 4 times a night demanding feeds and waking around 5 (previously 7am). Over the last 3 days I have been trying a daytime feeding & nap routine, we have always had a very loose/flexible routine, with DS in control. So far the mummy led routine is helping. He seems to be napping better, eating more and last night he only woke once. Could just be a coincidence though. He changes daily so I guess it's just a matter of riding through these harder times, knowing it won't last forever

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Tried upping the protein and it seems to have worked! Great advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wohoo! Yay for sleep ins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay!!!! It's worked here too down to 1-2 feeds per night now!

Looking forward to the end of daylight savings and cooler weather. You can tell I have a winter baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Wohoo! Yay for sleep ins!
    That's for sure! This morning she was back to her 8am wake up time.