+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too have a mini foxie (without the chihuahua) and she is the most soft-tempered dog ever. Very rarely barks, loves babies, loves people, looooves to be with you but also happy to do her own thing, only needs a 20 minute walk a day (anything else and she gets too tired), and she really is just so loveable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    OP, perhaps an "easy" fish might be okay? Goldfish are fairly easy to take care of, and obviously don't really require any interaction with you apart from you cleaning their tank and feeding them. It's not healthy for them to be kept on their own though, and even though little bowls look cute, they're like shutting a person in a bathroom - they're just not big enough to live in long-term. Each goldfish really should have about 20L of water to live in, so 40L for 2 of them. That's a decent-sized tank, so a piddly little one. The set-up costs with hte large tank, filter, etc... it's not exactly going to be really cheap. But so long as you clean and feed them regularly, it's fairly low-maintenance as you don't have to really spend time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Hmm. Maybe a bird of some type then? I personally hate birds and find them rather scary but just an idea. perhaps go into a pet shop and ask? Surely they would have some ideas.
    Birds aren't low-maintenance. People who have birds and say they're low-maintenance just aren't looking after them properly. They're also somewhat costly to keep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think bunnies go feral to easily. They need heaps of attention (on their terms) to become a loving pet. My sister got a rabbit and her and my mum love him and pet him all the time and he is so spoilt but he is not friendly at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Also rabbits have a lifespan from 8-12 years, they're a big commitment.
    This was also one of the reasons we didn't get a rabbit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a rat. Coolest pet ever! You can train them to do little tricks.
    Just make sure you get a baby rat so it gets used to you.
    They are super cool little things.

Any pet you have will require some effort.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont think fish suit her requirements....she said she wants something her DS can pet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I dont think fish suit her requirements....she said she wants something her DS can pet.
    Any pet that you can pat requires maintenance which she doesn't want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sea monkeys! Can you still get them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    Any pet that you can pat requires maintenance which she doesn't want.
    I totally understand the not wanting a pet which requires a lot of maintenance bit. The OP wanted suggestions for low maintenance not no maintenance. I'm sure she realises there's no point in buying a pet and then completely neglecting it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Dreamscapezd  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All animals you can pet require regular attention though.

Even if you get a "hand tame," small pet, they still require regular cleaning, cleaning of their living area, regular vet appointments, but also regular handling, or else they'll just not be very friendly anymore.

I certainly wouldn't recommend a small pet to anyone who has a small child who is likely to be clumsy and hurt it. Birds, for example, if you freak them out once, they will hate you for life (and given the guys I have should live for about 30 years, that's a long time to be hated... lol). A guinea pig will scratch and bite if it's scared of you, and they do need to be handled gently, as do all pets of course, but particularly small ones.

I'd say it's probably just not a good time to get a pet at all, as I'm not sure any pet meets the OP's requirements, not in a way it can live a decent life.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (31-03-2013),Rarity  (31-03-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast