+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I sat there for a while. They did an ultrasound and couldnt see an infection (which they would have drained if they did apparently). They gave me antibiotics and sent me home. Ive still got a killer headache and the cold. The red was just on my nipple, now its on the left side all streaky (happened while i was waiting at the hospital). Ive been chewing Vit C tabs and expressing and feeding as much as possible. I can feel the lumps and after i massage i can feel them not hurt so much and the redness goes, but it comes back again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The last time I was at the dr for mastitis he suggested a heat pack to ease the pain. Apparently that is what they consider to be the best option 'now days'. In eastern medicine they suggest a cabbage leaf which I haven't tried yet but have always wanted to. Otherwise I'm afraid it's something you will just have to ride out now and hopefully the antibiotics start to kick in asap. Mastitis is horrible. I really hope you start to feel better soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont have any heat packs and im allergic to cold so the cabbage leaf (if i had any) might give me a reaction. Ive been going for hot showers and expressing. Its still red but i think its getting better. Fingers crossed. Thanks for everyones help

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can use a washcloth soaked in hot water instead of a heat pack. Hope it gets better soon, mastitis is the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo View Post
    You can use a washcloth soaked in hot water instead of a heat pack. Hope it gets better soon, mastitis is the worst.
    Thats a good idea, thanks .
    There is no redness this morning but its still sore so whatever im doing seems to be working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I managed to unblock my ducts twice when I thought I was going to get mastitis. Hear pack on top and laid in bath stomach down and massaged using heel of my hand to get rid of the lump. Also expressed to drain breasts completely. Hope you are okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Managed to get rid of the lumps. Soreness and redness is gone, as is the flu, so that must have been part of it. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (02-04-2013)