+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Thanks ladies. She is my first and i have two step kids who are at school so I try to nap when she does.

Mama of 1 how much milk did you express to get through a night?
    When I needed a night off at 4 weeks dd started sleeping for longer periods through the night so I would usually only express enough for 1 feed, at that stage dd was having 90/120ml. I would do her last feed at 11 then hubby was up for another feed if she woke for it at about 4am and then I would do the 7/8 up for the day! 7/8 hours uninterrupted sleep did wonders! When she was a little younger and fed more frequently I would have about 200/250 ml available to hubby for late night feeds. I always tried to keep expressed milk in the fridge/ freezer, comes in handy!!

Has bubba been doing any better over last couple days? Have u managed to catch some zzzz?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stayed away from coffee while breasdfeeding...well until bub was at least 6 months.
    I set up a comfy chair in the nursery with a tv. I would just sleep there between feeds. quite offen id acutally fall asleep with my b00bs out and bub asleep too...glad no one had a camera .
    You'll be fine, it does get better. Just wait until you get your first full nights sleep...you'll feel like you can fly!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things are slightly better! Longer sleep times thankfully!
    Thanks for the advice ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drinking coffee or any form of caffeine while breast feeding could affect your baby since whatever you ingest she does also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The amt of caffeine that passes thru is minuscule, however obv if bub or uself are very sensitive to caffeine - stay away.

I am a caffeine lover, so restricting coffee was hard! But I have maybe 3 cups total (instant) throughout the day - if we're out, I may splurge on a 'proper' coffee. If I 'need' another coffee to make it thru, I don't beat myself up about it - bub has proved that she's not affected (ie no gas, sleeping patterns, irritability).

As with everything in relation to being a parent - do what keeps u sane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one thing that really helped me get through those early weeks/months was mastering dressing whilst lying down... I put DS in bed with us and just let my boobs hang all out.. I could doze off while he was feeding and wake up to swap sides!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lived on Up and Goes as breakfast, quick and no effort meant I didn't waste time eating when DS was asleep, it meant I could nap or at least rest.

I wore him all day as that is the only way he would sleep and meant at least I had hands free.

As far as getting rest I got DH to do a shift of holding DS on his chest when he got home from work so I could get 2hrs sleep....(or less till next feed)

I agree with suggestion of lying down to feed. I didn't try that till much later and it is awesome! Especially when bubs is going through the feed every hour stage.

Anyone who can help with making dinners for your freezer or doing washing etc? If you can get help like this it means you can rest as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Naps during the days, just whenever I could. It's hard work but it gets easier.

I had a countdown clock..
    I kept telling myself at 6 weeks I would get a bit easier, and it did. Then I looked forwards to 3 months and it got better at that milestone. Then I aimed for 6 months and almost had a party when we got there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDanni View Post
    The one thing that really helped me get through those early weeks/months was mastering dressing whilst lying down... I put DS in bed with us and just let my boobs hang all out.. I could doze off while he was feeding and wake up to swap sides!
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danik View Post
    Drinking coffee or any form of caffeine while breast feeding could affect your baby since whatever you ingest she does also.
    Yes but I haven't had this issue. Sometimes have three lattes (coffee machine at home) and DD is fine. All bubs are different though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

mushiedaina  (09-04-2013)