+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My name's not really that out there but everyone gets it wrong because apparently I have a funny accent. -__-
    And then I get all the comments 'oh is that your real name?' well no it's my nickname 'oh! How did your parents get that nickname?!' ummm say the first four letters of my real name 'I don't get it' You're an idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My maiden name was Brown, and if I got an ESL person on the phone, I often said "like the colour". Would you believe I once had a package delivered to "V Blue"?

And how many ways are there to spell my name - like the state/queen? Stupid question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My name isn't unusual but it's not very common. I have always had people either say it wrong or ask me how to spell it. Even after a famous TV show made it more well known.

Can't say that it's ever really bothered me when people get it wrong. They don't do it out of a place of hate, so I can't really get upset about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated my maiden name and i always had to spell it , it also ended in a rude word....just embarassing lol. I copped a lot of teasing at school, I couldn't wait to get married!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My first name is easy. The only thing I ever have to do is tell people how to spell it - they can do Stacey, Stacy or Stacie and obviously one of those is correct for me.

My surname is a struggle, so much so that it's not even spelt correctly on my license. It's rarely ever properly spelt. Or pronounced. If you take your time to sound it out, it's not even hard to do... people just see lots of letters and freak out though and usually miss out the last "i" which changes the way it sounds quite a bit (that's also the letter they're always leaving out).

I hate having to call up places and spell my surname. I have to spell it numerous ways because someone usually puts it in the system wrong, so we have to try each and every way it might be put in there... lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i get stacy-ann alot. Or stacie-ann and im like nope no hyphen one word stacey with an ey and anne with a e on the end and garuntee they still spell it wrong. Staceyanne its not that hard people lol to top it they incorrectly spell my first name and get my last name wrong you wouldnt believe how many times ive got letters addressed to stacy-ann jones insteadve staceyanne james

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    How do u pronounce it? I would have gone with car lee based on the spelling... Eek!
    It's just carlee - so no pause between car and lee. I was named after Carly Simon in the 80s!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    My maiden name was Brown, and if I got an ESL person on the phone, I often said "like the colour". Would you believe I once had a package delivered to "V Blue"?

And how many ways are there to spell my name - like the state/queen? Stupid question!

My maiden name was also Browne (I got soooo sick of saying "with an e")..but this reminded me of the time I said to a guy on the phone, "brown, like the colour", and he says "what sort of colour is that??"... smh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am one of three people in the world (that I can find) who have my first name. My parents made up my name, and I hated it as a kid!

Some of the choice comments I have received as an adult are:

Are you serious?
    No really, what's your name?
    Were your parents on drugs?
    That sounds like a name off Jerry Springer!
    Are you (insert race/ethnicity here)?

It can really be quite insulting. I don't care of people don't say it right, or spell it correctly. It's a handful of a name! But it is a bit annyoing that most people in my own family still can't spell it right!

Oh, and the most popular mis-pronunciation makes it sound like a total stripper name...

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get asked if my names like a episode of the Simpsons ALL THE TIME and I'm constantly teased about it :/ and my last name people always spell the "ir" as "er" an add a L even tho there is no L what so ever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast