+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Ive tried the one container at a time rule but as dd is only 2.5 she doesnt quite get it yet so ive found allowing one mixed box which i change each day works best for now. Of course she has access to her faves like her doll, dolls pram, dolls house and keyboard at all times

So far i have the following containers

Dress ups
    crafts / drawing etc
    music
    blocks
    soft toys
    misc toys
    supermarket toys - play food and cash register

so i just take a few things from each and a few books for each days mixed toy box.

Keep the ideas coming and thanks for the pic bunkx!!
    Thats understandable, my 2.5 yr old only knows he needs to pack up before getting something else because he has an older brother to copy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All of dd's toys are accessible to her, but I've taught her to pack away one thing before she moves on to another.

-Fabric cubes that sit in the bottom of her built-ins for Duplo, little people things, stuffed toys
    -Bookshelf for books and puzzles
    -Art easel that holds all of her drawing/craft things
    -Toybox to store all of the random smaller toys
    -Large things like vacuum, walker, pram etc go on the bottom of the playroom built-ins.

Even with my attempt to be a minimalist, dd has ended up with more toys than she needs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has far too many toys. He's spoilt by everyone except me.

He has a big toybox in his bedroom, plus trucks etc under his bed. One of the trucks stores his 9000 matchbox cars. In his wardrobe he has a big box of Lego, a big bag of mega blocks and some puzzles and stacking blocks. I try to cull toys regularly.

Craft stuff is stored in a cupboard in the lounge room. He also has toys on the deck and also his big toys like pram and toy kitchen in his room.

DD has a small toy box in the nursery with baby toys in it.
    Last edited by duckduckgoose; 29-03-2013 at 21:44.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    The kids have a "toy room" which is an enclosed patio and its all in there, and then i shut the door and dont look at it anymore.

Every now and then i will let DS stay up if he cleans it up and he sorts it out mostly, with some help. Its currently quite bad as I have been sick and had surgery, hes just been putting them back in the shelves without sorting anything out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is spoilt, so he has far too many toys which are culled every so often.

He has a play room so there no toys in his room save for his soft toys and the occasional thing he brings in there.

hIs toys are separated into one of those ikea bookcases, so cube of action figures, cube cars, cube dinosaurs etc.

The wardrobes are built in so they house games, craft items, bulky items etc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh all of our craft stuff is put into a plastic trolley with drawers and the drawers are put away in my walk in robe at night - learnt my lesson the hard way when I woke up to find pretty drawing all over my white tiles and walls lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the ikea expedit shelves too.
    We have boxes of blocks, craft stuff, musical instruments, hand puppets, kitchen stuff, baby dolls and bits and pieces, puzzles, stuffed toys etc and lots of shelves of books.
    We also have a couple of big tubs of "happyland" sets from ELC and a big tub of baby toys.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Or...gan...ise? What is this strange word?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The girls have a toy room (sun room) that comes off their bedroom.
    We only have a few bigger things in there (a see-saw, mini sofa and two trikes) and anything else gets packed away into mini wheely bins that we use as toy boxes.
    They can play with whatever they like in there but when they're done they have to pack it all away again or no tv or outside play until they do.
    They'll be 4 next month.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are overrun with toys but it's fairly organised. They play with everything and I can't cull because they will miss them pretty quick lol.

Most of our toys live in the living area. Blocks, jigsaws, games, puppets etc are in shoe boxes in a cupboard. Kitchen toys (fake food etc) are in bins in the toy kitchen. And writing stuff is stored in their desk (the lid lifts up).
    I have 7 plastic boxes stacked up, holding trains, Barbies, & mixed stuff. I rotate those boxes, and they are safely stacked in a gap between the cupboard & the wall. That helps to keep toys fresh for them.
    Oh and books, stacks of books.
    Then there are more boxes in the spare room with craft & play do which they can't access cos they are so messy.

I spent so much time tidying & during toys when they were little. Restricting access & rotating is the best way I think. Now that they are older they have to pack up one thing before they take out another, but I find I have to supervise this, so it only works if I'm not busy cooking or cleaning.
    Last edited by Gothel; 30-03-2013 at 07:11.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post: