+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suffering from anxiety at the moment - as in right now.. calm me down please:-(

I am worrying constantly about something i am quite powerless to change, and not even trying to decide if i should be going out of my way to try and change the situation or if i should just leave it be.

I am worrying about an unlikely worse case senario type thing, that does happen but not very often.

I constantly think
    "what if I'm wrong about this"
    " How will I live with myself"
    "should I just try and make the phone call to try and change it or will it cause more damage than good"
    etc... kept me up last night
    Will try and talk to a friend who deals with this kind of stuff tomorrow, but despite making phone calls there may still be nothing I can do due to long w'edn:-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you start to really panic, perhaps practice some breathing exercises will help until you can get in to see someone. Anxiety is the pits, sorry you are going through this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I talk it out with my other half. He listens, he laughs occasionally at how rediculous I am. I dont mind the laughing cos a part of me knows its crazy but the other part of me that worries and sends my BP through the roof and keeps questioning and questioning and questioning keeps hounding me regardless.
    Time to go to bed and try to sleep. I'll be worrying for a while yet :-( Really should get professional help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try to sleep. When I have anxiety it is a million times worse at night. The only other thing that works for me sometimes is to tell someone what I'm anxious about and try to believe them when they tell me I'm being OTT. I really hope this helps some

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the suggestion of breathing exercises. It both distracts you and calms your body down. Try breathing in while counting to 7, holding breath for 7 then breathing out for 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also suggest the breathing. Find a comfortable place, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Try and relax (easier said then done I know).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs op. I suffer anxiety worst when I'm trying to fall asleep and my brain keeps ticking over. I find it helps when I take deep breaths and talk to dp about it to stop the constant what ifs in my head. If it continues try to get some rescue remedy from the health good store, I think it helps and it's all natural!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys. I am definitely a 'sundowner' from sun down to sun up i'm hopeless, if i cant get to sleep it ends up being a long night, but I also wake in the very very early hours of the morn and cant get back to sleep.

I'm going to join a gym (if I can get over the anxiety that causes me - yep, its a generalised anxiety problem :-( ) Exercising definitely helps. I used to run, but now I feel like i'm putting myself at risk unnecessarily (since Jill Meagher) cos I run at night usually once girls are asleep.

I cant focus enough yet to get the breathing to help :-(

On a lighter note, I slept most of the night YAY :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This helps me; be the master of your own mind. You can't control other people and their thoughts but you can control how you react and your own thoughts.

The mind is a pretty powerful thing- you just need to retrain it to focus on a positive outcome. I have bouts of anxiety and I literally have to focus on changing my mindset to overcome it.

When I quit smoking 8 years ago I knew I had to totally change my mindset and whatever craves I had I needed to think the opposite and retrain my brain to despise smoking. I so the same when I feel those dark feelings of doubt and fear creep up. I take some deep controlled breathes focus on clearing my mind and visualise a positive outcome.

Sorry for the rambling!