+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My FSIL wore a white and black dress to my wedding (white on top, black on bottom) and she apologised that it had white on it! Seriously I could not have cared! The dress was gorgeous and she looked fabulous.

I agree with the PP that said no one will confuse a guest and the bride; unless of course the guest wears a wedding dress of course!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To be honest, I would rather wear white to a wedding than black, as I wore black to a wedding many years ago when I was about 18 and the rude and hurtful comments I overheard were so much so, that when I sat down with the bride to watch her wedding video there was a whole segment where people were commenting on my choice of colour and Funeral comments, blah, blah, blah. I was so hurt watching that and seeing people mock me.

Anyway I digress, unless your white outift was overtly 'bridal' looking then I see no issue with wearing white and would team it with coloured accessories/shoes/clutch/fascinator etc if I was worried about the 'bridal' factor.

ETA: If I were in the wedding photos/family photos then no, I wouldn't wear white
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 30-03-2013 at 18:27. Reason: eta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought Kate Middleton's sister Pippa (being her only attendant) took a risk wearing white/cream next to her sister, but instead of the colour of her dress upstaging her sister, it was her backside instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I went to exchange my dress because I couldn't get a refund & I couldn't find anything in the shop that fitted me well or looked nice. I can't afford to buy a new dress & shoes either. Mum said she's wearing a cream dress too & the bride is wearing an ivory dress. Not cream like my other sister had told me. So I've spent the past day stressing over nothing!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Well DP and I just agreed we just can't have a public wedding on the off chance that someone wears white. Not only would it ruin the wedding, but possibly the entire marriage
    I'm sorry, but just because someone else gets offended, and you don't, doesn't make their marriage any less valid.

Don't discount other peoples' feelings about a topic just because you don't care.

It's rude.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-04-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pippa was a bridesmaid, so I assume she wore what she was dressed in by the bride....and the designer and wedding stylist.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (30-03-2013),F&A  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I wouldn't & tbh I would've been upset if someone wore an all white dress to my wedding. ...but thats only my thoughts & everyone is different.

It's all good if it's white with other colours, just not all white. I try & not wear white or any colour of the bridesmaids dresses will be.

Could u get a little black over coat thing (I don't really know what they're called). It'll look nice with that on , pair of black heels & black clutch/purse.

Or if u know the bride, just ask. She may not even care good luck, I'm sure u'll look great in whatever u choose & I hope u have fun at the wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I, personally, wouldn't care if someone wore a white dress to my wedding (tbh I didn't even notice) but I know lots of people do care, so I wouldn't wear white as a guest.

I don't see the issue with black though, as some pp's are mentioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I thought Kate Middleton's sister Pippa (being her only attendant) took a risk wearing white/cream next to her sister, but instead of the colour of her dress upstaging her sister, it was her backside instead!
    She was bridesmaid. Kate chose the dress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    It wouldn't have worried me at my wedding, but some people can get extremely upset and offended over it, so usually it's best just to play it safe and avoid white, off white, cream, ivory etc.
    Agree completely.