Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't and I wouldn't be happy if someone had worn white at mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just put a colourful cardigan over the top and that's fine!!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't.

Also if someone were to ask me if I would be offended, I'm too nice to say that it would So don't.

Doesn't matter if you don't care, the day isn't about you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-03-2013),Disbride  (30-03-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add, it depends how you worded it, if you called/messaged me and said

"I've bought this awesome dress that fits me perfectly but it's white, Just wanna check that's fine" What could you say? NO! Go waste more money and buy another? lol, of course I'd say 'no problems' but be thinking "how the f0ck does she not know?"

If you approached it with a "I'm looking at buying this dress, but it's white, would that offend you?" I'm more likely to be truthful. Asking someone once you've bought the dress puts them in a tricky situation, especially if you're like my social circle where everyone is very budget conscious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't but only bc it's seen as this terrible thing. personally though, I'll go against the grain and say who cares. Everyone knows who the bride is, wearing a cream dress isn't going to confuse them! lol If if was my wedding and someone wore white I wouldn't have bat an eye lid. Far out there have become a million silly rules for weddings now. If a bride feels the shade of a guests dress takes the focus off her or ruins her day, then I think the issue may lie with her, not her guest
    Last edited by delirium; 30-03-2013 at 17:25.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (30-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (30-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, didn't bother me. I was too excited about getting married to notice what the guests were wearing anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I wouldn't but only bc it's seen as this terrible thing. personally thoug, I'll go against the grain and say who cares. Everyone knows who the bride is, wearing a cream dress isn't going to confuse them! lol If if was my wedding and someone wore white I wouldn't have bat an eye lid. Far out there have become a million silly rules for weddings now. If a bride feels the shade of a guests dress that's the focus off her or ruins her day, then I think the issue may lie with her, not her guest
    Well DP and I just agreed we just can't have a public wedding on the off chance that someone wears white. Not only would it ruin the wedding, but possibly the entire marriage

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

delirium  (30-03-2013),gizmoduckus  (30-03-2013),River Song  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't even tell you if someone was wearing white (or black) at my wedding.

I guess I wouldn't wear white because it obviously upsets people, but personally I couldn't care less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't. I don't see the need to. There are plenty other colours to wear...

Thanks
    Reviews
    SIL wore a white dress (with a pale green trim) to mine and I wanted to slap her one, I knew she had brought the dress even before I had found my dress. Please re think the dress even a little thing like one person in white can seen a major issue on the day to the bride

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast