No! Lol

Mummy to DD 21 months
    Lola kitty
    DS due July 2013

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just check with the bride. It totally depends on the dress. If it looks nothing like the bride's and she's ok with it then why not? Some colourful accessories would help to distinguish you more too.

I went to a wedding a couple of years ago and wanted to wear a black dress but wasn't sure if that was OK. I asked the bride and she had no problem. Her bridesmaids were wearing black anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't wear any version of white or off white or cream especially if related to the bride as you will be in photos with the bride.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. Not okay.

I also wouldn't put a young child in all white without checking with the couple getting married, as otherwise it can look like they're meant to be part of the bridal party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't, if I actually thought about it. Knowing me though, if I had/liked a white dress then it wouldn't actually cross my mind unless somsebody mentioned it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    No. Not okay.

I also wouldn't put a young child in all white without checking with the couple getting married, as otherwise it can look like they're meant to be part of the bridal party.
    This exactly. You don't want people assuming she's a flower girl.

I had people wear white and black to my wedding - I didn't really like either from a traditional point of view, but it didn't upset me. It's not something I would ever do though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's just one of those things that's better to avoid JUST IN CASE you upset someone.

If I were to get married, my dress wouldn't be some OTT wedding gown. It would be a white dress that is pretty, but not a "wedding dress."

If someone rocked up in something similar, I'd be annoyed. Wear something that isn't white - you've got every other colour at your disposal. It's not hard to avoid it for 1 day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldnt wear any form of white...or all black. At my wessing my entire inlaws family wore black. I know it wasnt planned and certainly meant nothing but it did hurt and well in hindsight if I wanna be suspivous...we are divorced now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    It's my sisters wedding in a couple of weeks and I'm wearing a cream colour dress to it. I hate looking for dresses for weddings but this was the only one I liked. Now I''m worrid it'll be bad for me to wear it!
    I wore a cream coloured dress to my cousin's wedding and I was a little worried about it, cause it had lace and everything, but I ended up wearing an apricot-coloured bolero over it and apricot shoes, and it was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast