+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember a thread about this from awhile ago, and was suprised by how many people thought it was ok. There were alot from memory.

Personally, I wouldn't. My grandmother is the queen of manners and etiquette, she has always said you shouldn't wear white so I go with that

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I think it's fine and genuinely don't see how it could offend people?
    My grandmother always said that you shouldn't wear white to a wedding on case you *out do* the bride. I don't believe that anyone can ever actually out do the bride but I do think that it is the brides (and grooms) day and you should not be wearing the same colour as her.

Someone on bh once said that her sil actually wore a bridal gown to her wedding.

ETA: FTR I think it is inappropriate to wear black to a wedding too...but that's an argument for another thread.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 29-03-2013 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really think it shouldn't be done I'm sorry to say 😪
    I was married just a few months ago and a family member asked if I would mind if she wore white. I said no because I didnt want to start any trouble, but truly I was grateful when she decided to change her own mind. Just play it safe, better not to offend or hurt anyone's feelings??

Countdown to TTC 12 months and waiting! ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post

Someone on bh once said that her sil actually wore a bridal gown to her wedding.
    wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had quite a few girls wear white & cream to my wedding, I was a little upset by it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't. Something with white on it or blended in, yes. But mostly white dress... No

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No- we had our flower girls in white as well do I probably would t be bothered by a baby in white but an adult is a bit mean- its he brides day that's why only she wears white

Thanks
    Reviews
    No! I had a women wear a floor length white dress to my wedding and I was furious!! It's the brides day and she should stand out. If its family it may cause future problems too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend and my sister both wore white to my wedding, they looked beautiful and I couldn't have cared less, I wore blush pink and I'm sure the veil, flowers, kissing the groom part gave me away as you know, the bride! lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (30-03-2013),River Song  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My SIL made me check with get prior to purchase what I was wearing. And she was a bit iffy because it had a strip of black (her wedding colours were white and black).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast