+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newcastle Private Hospital

I am hoping someone can help me, I have been living in Newcastle for just over two years and have just discovered I will be having a baby in November.
    My son was born at the Hills and I found the private care great.
    I have been in the maternity ward at Maitland Public and couldnt fault them. But for sad reasons I do not want to have this baby there.
    Anyway I am under the care of Dr Spillsbury who delivers at Newcastle Private, I cannot find anyone I know that have had their baby there. Everyone I know has had their children at John Hunter (I do not want to go there). I cant find any current opinions on what Newcastle Private is like and what to expect, so I am hoping someone can help me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my bub there last June under Dr Brown and loved it! Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be going there to give birth when I get PG. JHH is great and if complications happen and bubs needs nicu they are next door but I don't want to feel like i am being booted out the door 6-12 hrs later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my bub there with dr Spillsbury. Was great. Loved it. Will be going back to Jillian and nph.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my bub at Newcastle private (Jillian also looked after me for my pregnancy and birth) and have NO complaints at all!!! Felt very well looked after by jillian and the midwives I had for both my bubs birth and after in the ward.

Have just found out I'm pregnant with #2 and booked in with jillian straight away!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey coco congratulations. Fantastic news!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Cocosmum, might see you around her rooms then. What was the hospital like though? Were the staff nice? was it real busy there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lilypily!

Still can't quite believe it!

Newcastle private was not as luxurious as some maternity hospitals I've seen ( gosh those Gold Coast girls have it good) but it is comfortable. All private rooms and bathrooms etc ... Some nice areas other than your room for having visitors. The midwives on the ward do contradict each other but I think you get that anywhere ... If anything I got told off for not asking for help/ advice more often. They're definitely happy to answer questions and help and never made me feel silly for asking something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my baby there in December and was in for a week and a half before having her too and it was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The buzzers drove me mad all night long but I was near the nurses station.