+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2009 - myself & now DH finally got our timing right after 20 plus yrs.

2012 - got married, cut our losses with family, had surgery & decided to make a seachange.

Since we have gotten together every yr has been rather hectic & a little life changing. We have a lot of time to make up for

My huge years that stick in my head revolve around medical issues with the kids ( nothing life threatening )
    I just cannot imagine how people get thru when it's life threatening medical related. Life can be so cruel sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    2012 - our beautiful five and a half year old daughter passed away from an asthma attack at home on the night before Mothers' Day. My life will NEVER be the same again, despite people asking me if I'm "getting better?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    2004 - when I met my husband and helped me overcome my serious drug habit that I had since I was 14.

2008 - when we lost our son Jensen at 20 weeks.

Actually if I could it down to one day, one month, one year it would be:

7th July 2001 - when I was gang raped at 14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    Actually if I could it down to one day, one month, one year it would be:

7th July 2001 - when I was gang raped at 14.
    omg that is so horrible, Its great to hear that you have a wonderful DH who has been there to support you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Kimnus  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say that many of these stories are leaving me speechless. You are all amazingly strong women. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine would have to be 2012... The best and worst year of my life...
    We finally moved in to our newly built house... It's everything I could have dreamt for and more. I married by absolute soul mate. We fell pregnant first cycle. But then lost our baby girl for absolutely no reason at all at 26 weeks gestation. It's the worst pain I have ever experienced...and it still hurts every single day because she was so healthy and perfect...
    Loosing our baby has shown me just how much I love my DH. He's my rock and an absolutely amazing support and I could never have wish for a better DH...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    I find it amazing when people leave their country of birth and move to a new country- I don't think I could do it; not alone, anyway. So very brave!
    Gothel, where are you from originally? Did you move by yourself?
    Hmmm brave is one way of looking at it. Or running away. Or a bit of both lol. I'm from the UK. I left with a girl friend but we parted ways after a few months. I made my own way after that and was planning to move to Spain when I met dh in 2002.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post

2007 was life changing for me, possibly in the most profound way. I encountered events that shaped my entire life and not in a good way- I can't go into detail about this particular year, as much as I'd like to get it off my chest, there's no way I can.
    something I read recently... "There is no pain of the human soul that cannot be relieved by sharing it with a trusted friend". I hope you have been able to (or will be able to at some point) share this with someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    2012 without a doubt was the year that changed my life- I was 27 and turned 28 in August.

i was due with my first baby in September, and she very unexpected arrived in May. We both almost died, and she spent 102 days in th NICU/SCN.
    2 weeks before she came home my best friend of over 10 years moved to America without ever being able to meet my DD, she went to live with her boyfriend and it was very happy and sad all at once.
    3 days after we were able to bring my DD home, my dad had a stroke and he never woke up. He passed away 2 weeks later. My daughter's first outing was to my dad's funeral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2012 for me is the year that changed my life. My mum committed suicide half and hour after I told her I hated her.
    I lost all of my maternal family no one has spoken a word to me since because they blame me for her death in reality it was her mental illness that no one wants to believe she had.

I also got my life together in 2012 so it was a terrible year but with a touch of hope thrown in there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Inked Mumma For This Useful Post:

Kaybaby  (30-03-2013)