+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so sorry to hear of all your horrible experiences . Happy to see some good years that bring some good experiences.

Mmm 2001 was the year I began university. In a 2 month stint from June-July i was a in a major car accident and shattered my tail bone, had severe bruising and soft tissue damage, 1 week to the day I developed Chicken pox, 1 week later due to poor immunity I developed the flu very badly, 1 week after that my arthritis got so bad I was at the point I could no longer walk or even shower myself I was 18. SO to top it off I got diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and about 5 months after this I became so sick and vomited non-stop daily for months to the point that i vomited blood regularly, I have been on medication for this since. It was the beginning of June 2001 that I was happy with my body as a size 8 I had abundant energy and could run, dance, jump do anything without pain.

2010 6 weeks after meeting now DF i looked into work in the UK and applied for a work visa and got a job and moved with my then BF overseas after 5 months of dating, we had never really gone away before that lol. Started work in a country away from family and friends, fought and cried alot with DF as he didn't understand why I could be so lonely if I had him there but i missed my family and my friends and the work was so hard. IN a 1 week period in the December I had 2 falls and tore all cartillage in both knees both have been operated and both continue to cause me a mass of problems to this day and a lot of pain, I am not the same person as pain makes life unbearable some times and noone else understands it unless they have been there.

2013 is going to the best yet, I marry DF in 2 weeks tomorrow, we are going to start building our own house in June/July hopefully and get PG this year big fingers crossed there. And I get to do all of this with the person who loves me unconditonally.
    Last edited by wobblermummy; 29-03-2013 at 16:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What do you do to stay positive & looking forward to life?

I'm finding this challenging at the moment...

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Such amazing stories...

For me, I guess

2010: got married, had a 3 month honeymoon in Europe, but also lost a friend to suicide. She wasn't a close friend any more, as we had had a stupid falling out, and the day she did it, she popped into my mind and I thought to myself 'I really should contact her someday and apologise'. It was a very, very tough lesson to learn, and I don't think I've grieved her completely yet.

2012: an unplanned pregnancy resulting in huge marital struggles that are only just being overcome, but also, giving birth - something I was terrified of doing, but having done it without pain medication, it taught me how strong I am mentally and that I can achieve great things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2010 - Met DP, left a job & then an industry I'd worked in for 7 years & hated the whole time, started my own business

2012 - DD was born & turned everything on it's head. Love this lady to bits, & didn't think I could love DP even more till I saw how much he loves her too. He'a such a tender, loving Daddy & I can't wait to have more of his babies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2008 - met my husband

2011 - got married, MIL passed away while husband was o/s, had fertility treatment, found out I was pregnant, bought a house & had a sea change.

2012 - moved to sea change location, sold other house after a bit of a sh!t fight , went to hospital early in pregnancy due to high BP, stopped work at 16 weeks, got my forst ever brand new car, gave birth (38 week induction), got robbed while we were sleeping upstairs (new car stolen), got new brand new car, husbands best friend committed suicide, got a puppy!
    Last edited by KellyMac; 29-03-2013 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So corney but 2010 when my DS was born was the only year I can think of that's significantly changed my life. Sure, family members pass on, had heartbreaks and romances, I've travelled, lived lots of places but it was the birth of my son that really grounded me and changed me into such a better person. He changed my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd probably have to say 2012. We decided to start trying for our baby and fell pregnant straight away.

It really changed the way I think about my body. I love that my body could do something so amazing and now I treasure it and just want to maintain my health rather than try to change its shape etc.

Plus it made me realise a new kind of love for DH. I've always loved him with all of my heart but I'm now seeing him in a new light and how we're going to be parents. I didn't know I could love him any more than I did!!

I feel really content with life and it's an amazing feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    2002 at the ripe old age of 19 married my boyfriend of 5 years.

2007 get divorced as I found out he got one of my work colleagues pregnant

2012 meet my best friend and now hubby ( couldn't be happier )

Thanks
    Reviews
    2011 - A skinny, curly haired man walked into the pub I was working in. Turned my world upside down in the best possible way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    Shocking, I'm very sorry that you had to experience such pain

I hope that your best friend's husband was put away for a very long time. Too bad the law doesn't see it as a life for a life and lock people who murder up for life.
    He was found 2 weeks later in her car, he had gassed himself. when i found out about my friend it was one of those soul crushing moments because i had only spoken to her the day before and told her if she wasnt happy in her marriage then she should leave. She told me she was leaving her husband and had set up a time the next day to speak to him. Id heard on the tv the next day that a woman had been found in her suburb but didnt think much of it till her daughter called me that night.