+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm wiping away tears reading the hard times many of you have faced. I can't even comprehend the loss of a loved one. My heart aches for your sadness. It really puts things into perspective. I almost feel that stating the year that most dramatically changed my life seems so insignificant in comparison, but it was the toughest year of my life and I feel that I should be thankful that so far this is the worst I've faced...

2010 (28 yrs old) - I was 5 months pregnant with my second DS when I discovered that my husband who I'd been with for 10 years was having an affair with my best friend. Apart from the obvious change (becoming a single mum) this event changed me as a person forever. It also changed my feelings towards others and it seems silly to say - but my innocence as a person who'd lived a simple life where you just thought people did the right thing was gone. My eyes were opened and I could see the world outside of my safe little bubble. It seemed at the time like it was the worst thing - but in hindsight it's made me a much stronger person. I've grown more as a person in the last two years than I had in all of the 28 leading up to it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-03-2013)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fascinating thread!

1999. Sick of my life, family, job, friends, my idiot boyfriend and constant bad luck health-wise, plus getting knocked down by a car. So I jacked it in, quit my job, bought a one way ticket & moved to Australia. Best thing I ever did.

2002 met dh. Best thing that ever happened to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    2009. I separated from XH and found out I was pregnant with #3 four days later. We briefly got back together only for him to send me an email, while we were under the same roof, ending our marriage. My boys and I moved into a unit and watched my belly grow. XH was in and out of the picture, one minute wanting us back then the next being a single man. DD was borin in September and by the time she was 5 weeks old, XH and I had had a fight and that was it. Then all the cheating stories started coming out and he gave up on seeing the kids and I became a strong, independent woman.

It was a crappy year but wow, I grew so much as a person and DD was, and still is, an absolute blessing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My heart goes out to so many of you! Sending you virtual hugs xx

July 2006- 19yrs old- was pressured into having a termination. Depression began.
    Jan 2011- my brother committed suicide 1 month prior to his 14th birthday.
    March 2011- ran into an old friend from school, my now DH.
    Dec 2012- 25yrs old- married my DH and went overseas for the 1st time.
    Feb & March 2013- TTC - BFN!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2005 my pop died, bought a house, got married to DH, grandma died 2 weeks after i got married, became estranged from half of DHs family, all in all a bittersweet year.

2012 my beautiful daughter was born and 3 weeks later my dear nan passed away, sadly she never met my daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1999. Gave birth to DD1 four days after I turned 16.

2004. Mum died of pancreatic cancer after a 2 year battle. She was 52.

2005. Real proud moment, I bought my first property.

2010. Gave birth to DD2.

2012. Met DP who will soon become my DH.
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 29-03-2013 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1993 - family traumatised by a terrible crime which would change all of us forever

2001 - friend died in a car accident

2007 - met and married DH

2009 - moved to the city and realised there was so much more to life than what I had been living

2013 - BFP after TTC for 3 years. Miscarried the next day.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PippaG View Post
    2004 - my mum was diagnosed with cancer and died 1.5 weeks afterwards. I finished uni and began my first teaching job and I got married.

2010 - went to hell and back when DH had an affair.
    I am just reading through all of these now and I wish I could comment on everybodies posts but I'm afraid I'd be here all day if I tried. So many heartbreaking stories and events.

I had to quote you, PippaG, as I thought I'd read it wrong when you said that your mum died just 1 and a half weeks ater being diagnosed. I can't even begin to imagine the shock and disbelief you must have felt over such a tragic event

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many hugs to many of you ladies. The things each of you have been through, wow.

Mine is 2005 - finding out I was pregnant with ds1, getting my s*** together, losing majority of my 'friends' because I kept ds1, strengthening my bond with my dad

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    2012 - our beautiful five and a half year old daughter passed away from an asthma attack at home on the night before Mothers' Day. My life will NEVER be the same again, despite people asking me if I'm "getting better?"
    I remember your post after she passed away. I'm so sorry.

I hope you do eventually find some inner peace xoxo

Ps.. Pls don't take that the wrong way. I don't mean that you should ever get over such an event, more, I just wish you some happiness and love. You'll see your little girl again some day
    Last edited by misho; 29-03-2013 at 15:20.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-03-2013)