+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Arya was 11 when it started wasn't she? So she must be 13 or so by now.

ETA She's older than Bran, who says he's ten in the first episode

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She is nine when Robert Baratheon came to Winterfell - http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Arya_Stark

Either way, I still didn't interpret that scene between them as remotely potentially romantic.

ETA: I think I'm getting confused as they are portrayed older in the TV show than the books!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    She is nine when Robert Baratheon came to Winterfell - http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Arya_Stark

Either way, I still didn't interpret that scene between them as remotely potentially romantic.

ETA: I think I'm getting confused as they are portrayed older in the TV show than the books!
    That refers to the books; all the children are about two years older in the series.

ETA Snap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And nobody has mentioned Jamie's back story to being the Kingslayer... Thoughts?? He is still an incestuous Brandon-pushing meanie though but it does provide a lot more context into his character (and also contributes to the bond between him and Brienne).
    I did - i said i found it very moving!

I really like Jaime. Trying to kill Bran is the one-and-only strike against him to me. Even his relationship with Cerci is quite pure and sincere i think (incest=gross, yes; but the enormity of his immoveable devotion to her is admirable)
    And i really felt for him in that bath scene, the emotion in his retelling was breathtaking. It changed Breanne and it changed their relationship (which will have a flow on effect in Jamie & Cerci's relationship). Massively important scene, and i think it was done really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always assumed there was a whole lot of back story there, and they didn't disappoint. I loved Brienne's facial expression, the actor did a great job

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And nobody has mentioned Sansa marrying Tyrion? Pretty massive.
    I'm hoping Tyrion somehow gets her on the boat with Balish. But I loved the pouty looks both the Lannister kids had at the end of the last episode!

The Jamie backstory was needed. All the characters have depth but his was a bit lacking. He was just the incestual brother who pushed Bran out the window. Now he's got substance and probably a new bed buddy.

I too was hoping Arya and Gendry would end up together but wasn't sure how they'd bridge the age gap. Not that it mattered back then. Will be interesting to see what happens to her now.

The cave scene was pretty scaled back for an HBO show! Needed more naked Snow!

I just can't warm up to the Queen of the North. Anyone else find their "love" not so convincing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think Rob's wife is a spy... and I haven't read the books so just basing it purely on the show. When she first came into it and met Catelyn, she said were she was from and Catelyn didn't know where she was talking about and something was a miss. I'm not sure which side she is on yet, but I don't believe she is who she says she is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SquiggsMom View Post
    I'm hoping Tyrion somehow gets her on the boat with Balish.

I just can't warm up to the Queen of the North. Anyone else find their "love" not so convincing?
    I've never liked Baelish

As for Queen of the north, yeah, not a fan. Dont know what she's up to. Just opportunistic maybe? That character is completely different in the books so what happens & why will be a surprise for us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post
    I've never liked Baelish
    Ferret of a man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the Jamie/Brienne thing is sexual at all.