+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freaking Out!

Hi I haven't been here for awhile, hope everyone is well and I hope I put this n the right place!

Warning this may be a TMI post! Im freaking out and cant seem to get any info!

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago, when we started ttc. I have been on fertility medications about a year ago, but they made me ill so I stopped and we are now at the "if it happens it happens" stage for a while (in regards to TTC). With my PCOS I rarely get my period, but the last time I did was in Jan. this morning, early, I was awoken by what can only be described as like my "waters" breaking. Eek. It was strange, I woke up and the bed was all wet, I got up and it was running down my leg. It was clear and odourless and def not wee. I went to the toilet and urinated normally. It was a lot, like as though I had spilt a whole water bottle under me.. As far as I know I am not pregnant! But I really wouldn't know.. Home pregnancy tests are negative.. Has anyone experienced this before?

ps I called that healthcare advice line and they were unhelpful. Also called the local hospital- the RN didn't know what it was, said if I experienced pain they would call the doctor in (small country town).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could it be Cervical Mucus? I have at times had so much that it feels just like you describe. Could you be actually ovulating at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for your reply! Highly doubt it's ovulation.. It is exactly like water, thin, not sticky, clear not coloured, not smelly. And at least 600mls worth on the bed, I'm not sure how much had already soaked in the mattress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one has heard of this before? I googled it and actually found a couple of people explaining something similar, but no answers...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never had this happen.. But for the healthcare professionals to not at the very least tell you to go to the doctor seems very negligent.

Could be like a cyst? I know Pcos comes with cysts maybe you had a big one that ruptured? Or maybe a series of them rupture I wouldn't know.. ?

If you we're pregnant you would have known already if that much water was lost.

Goodness me I would be getting checked out ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, that happens to me when I'm ovulating. Especially 2 days prior to egg popping. The first time it happened around DP, he asked me if I had wet myself, I then had to explain what was going on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea, I sort of expected them to tell me to go to Emergancy room or something! Maybe they thought I was lying :/

Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    Hi, that happens to me when I'm ovulating. Especially 2 days prior to egg popping. The first time it happened around DP, he asked me if I had wet myself, I then had to explain what was going on...
    Really?! I wonder if I'm Oing then! Well if I did then its too late now lol! DH works away and only just got home tonight! Oh well!
    It kinda really scared me- ESP as I watch that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" !! It's such a strange and unusual thing to happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    Could be like a cyst? I know Pcos comes with cysts maybe you had a big one that ruptured? Or maybe a series of them rupture I wouldn't know.. ?
    I guess a bursting cyst could be a possibility, I wasn't in any pain tho, surely that would hurt?