+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gender confusion

Hey not sure if I'm in the right spot, when I went to the drs today they did a quick ultrasound because the Doppler couldn't find a heartbeat but found it straight away on the ultrasound so that's all good. But since I couldn't find out originally what I was having I asked him to check today and he had a quick glance and said that could be a girl but not sure and might be hiding something.

I don't know what to do. I want to go but cute pink things but maybe I shouldn't. Confused!!!
    Last edited by Youngmummy2bee; 28-03-2013 at 15:37.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were told are having a girl....the radiographer was "pretty sure " and said she wouldnt tell us the sex unless she was fairly certain. The OB also thought it could be a girl. So we are convinced its a girl and im gonna go buy girl stuff soon

If u think he was pretty sure it was a girl i would trust him...they are pretty spot on these days...not like they used to be. And apprently its easier to tell if its a girl...cos a boy.could just be the umbilical cord strategically placed

I say LET THERE BE PINK !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm unfortunately going to sway the other way and say to wait. It's a lot more common to have a boy when told a girl (mistaking the balls for labia with no visible penis) then it is for a boy to turn into a girl.

My boy is a show off. Penis out at every scan ready to show it off. I'd hold out until next scan? How far are you?

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you go for a extra scan to check more carefully? Coz I would just go out an buy stuff if I was told like that. Just incase

Thanks
    Reviews
    My radiologist was sure ours is a girl at our 20 week scan...I believe it but will get a 3D scan later. My brother's baby girl turned out to be a boy (although they were less sure on that one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was an older ultrasounds machine too so makes it even more unreliable I guess. I won't have anymore scans now unless there is complications I guess. Maybe I could pay for one. Any idea of costs or if they even let you do this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Find a private ultrasound clinic in your area and call and ask, you need to check that they will scan you without a referral and how much it will cost... my experience is that costs of scans vary heaps! But, paying for a scan will probably be heaps cheaper than buying all your baby clothes in the wrong colour... Good luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I noticed your in Brisbane.
    Google Precious Previews - they do 3D scans and also just gender scans.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got a "hmm, maybe a girl" at DD's morph scan. Given that we already had three boys I was bursting to know, so I got a gender determination scan at a 3D ultrasound place.

It was much less than a normal 3D package, $150 for ten minutes and an A4 page of pics. The sonographer knew the gender within seconds, so the rest of the ten minutes was spent taking beautiful pictures

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SK2BC View Post
    I noticed your in Brisbane.
    Google Precious Previews - they do 3D scans and also just gender scans.
    Not currently in Brissy but just had a look. They are so cheap and it's not thy hard for me to travel there and to strathpine. Thanks so much for the tip off defiantly will be making a booking!