+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best OB and maternity hospital in townsville?

Hi all
    I have just found out that we will be moving to townsville in a months time, hubby is in the army and they are moving us there I will be 16 weeks.
    Hubby is going to try and keep us here in Brisbane by puttig in some form but I don't like our chances of it being approved.
    I am currently with Dr friebe at north west private in bris and not sure if he will be able to refer me to anyone up in townsville. I am a high risk pregnancy (3miscarriages, ivf and have a SCH ) so whoever I end up with in townsville I really need them to be GOOD. I have a scan with Dr friebe on Tuesday so will let him know that we are moving and see what he says...
    What are the hospitals like in townsville? do they have nicu and equppied for early births etc.?
    I'm sorry this is my first baby and am still so confused about how it all works. Will I still need to pay Dr friebes fees even though I have only been with him a few weeks?
    Thank u xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Townsville Hospital (public) is a tertiary hospital (so equivalent to RBWH and Mater) and has an intensive care nursery for sick babies.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

LittleGumnut  (02-04-2013),LoveLivesHere  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u wannawannabe. Do u have any OB recommendations? I did some Googling and Dr Chang looks to be pretty popular bye not sure what hospital he works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    Thank u wannawannabe. Do u have any OB recommendations? I did some Googling and Dr Chang looks to be pretty popular bye not sure what hospital he works
    Nope I've never been to Townsville sorry. There's Townsville Mater there as well which is private.

You shouldn't be high risk for the delivery at the moment, just these early days so fingers crossed you find what you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you end up moving to Townsville? Which hospital are you going to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pangbaby, yup we are I townsville. I started off with Dr Renee a private ob at the mater private but was then diagnosed with pre term labor at 21 weeks and incompetent cervix so she transferred me to a high risk doctor (Dr Watson) at the towsville hospital as the private doesn't have a high risk dr or the facilities for very early prems (it will be lucky if I go over 32 weeks).
    Dr Watson and the public hospital have been amazing!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Wow will be sending prayers that all goes well for you both! So looks like public really is the way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGumnut View Post
    Hi pangbaby, yup we are I townsville. I started off with Dr Renee a private ob at the mater private but was then diagnosed with pre term labor at 21 weeks and incompetent cervix so she transferred me to a high risk doctor (Dr Watson) at the towsville hospital as the private doesn't have a high risk dr or the facilities for very early prems (it will be lucky if I go over 32 weeks).
    Dr Watson and the public hospital have been amazing!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    How did you find dr Renee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw Dr Watson in the high risk clinic for my recent bub. He is fantastic. I absolutely loved him and all the other OBs.

I saw Dr Renee before I fell pregnant and decided to go public and I really liked her.