+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this normal?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My DS is 13 months and has always been breastfed on demand. He loves it and I don't see him stopping any time soon.

My issue is that he seems obsessed with my b00bs! He is forever touching, looking for, smelling and generally seeking them out, regardless of whether he wants a drink or not. We cosleep and more often than not he won't settle and sleep unless he has one hand on my breasts (usually buried in my clevage).

I'm assuming that it's all a comfort thing but just wondering if it is a normal behaviour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son was just the same! Forever had his hand down my top. It got a little awkward when he managed to flash me a few times. He was so obsessed with my boobs/breastfeeding that I actually went cold turkey and weaned him at 19 months. I would have happily continued otherwise, but my b00bs hurt after all the kneading, fiddling, nipple cripples, etc. (lol). Despite the fact that I no longer fed him anymore, his b00b obsession continued - though, he eventually got a lot gentler. Wow, this sounds weird when I write it out, haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 14MO is the same I think he just likes how squishy they feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not just a boy thing. DD is the same. 10 month old nipple cripples hurt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking this last night as my 12month DS drifted off to sleep holding (squishing) my nipple. Glad it's not just mine! Sometimes he just likes to have his hand resting on my boob for comfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 12mo dd is the same (never had a bottle). She will come over for a cuddle, acting all non suspicious and cutesy then bam! Grabs hold of my top with both hands and pulls it down exposing me. Thinks its a wonderful game to play peek-a-boo (peek-a-boob? )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very glad to hear that it's not just DS and not just boys that are finding comfort in the b00bies.

Somehow DS always manages to get a hand or arm in my cleavage regardless if the top of top I'm wearing.

Peek-a-b0ob is apparently a popular game too lol especially when we have company (or the one time mummy wears a nice strapless dress to a restaurant and DS decides EVERYONE wants to play peek-a-bo0b