+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    At my house
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Centrelink and childcare.

    Hi all. I receive child care benefit for both ds and dd. I have just pulled ds out of care last week. Do I need to let centrelink know that he is no longer attending or will the service notify them? There is no where on the centrelink site to let me update, well not that I can find anyway. Does anyone know?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The first time I had my DD in care and then took her out I did not notify centrelink and just assumed the centre would inform them (I thought they would need to tell centrelink in order to stop them reimbursing them the benefit etc). Well they didn't. They kept DD on their books for months. I only found out because CL sent me a letter regarding the benefit. I called CL and they then took it into their own hands. I'm pretty sure the centre was committing fraud.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

    bubbasmum  (31-03-2013)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've never notified centrelink and i used a fair few centres over the years. I never had any probs.

    You might be able to change childcare status through online services?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    bubbasmum  (31-03-2013)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hi bubbasmum. My name is Russell and I work with the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites like this one. It’s important you let us know if your circumstances have changed and this includes care arrangements for your child. If you do not tell us about the changes within 14 days you may be overpaid benefits and you will probably have to pay the money back. You can report your change of circumstances by calling 136 150, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm or by visiting a Service Centre. You may be interested in our Place in Queue service as our phone lines are currently experiencing peak demand. This service gives you the choice to keep your place in the queue without waiting on the phone. To access Place in Queue you must be registered for Centrelink phone self service. To find out more on how to do this, visit http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...nformation/piq
    Last edited by ruahumanservices; 03-04-2013 at 16:21.


Similar Threads

  1. Changing childcare, Centrelink and Child Care Rebate?
    By CleverClogs in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 18:47
  2. Centrelink and childcare?
    By PorkyPies in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 14:37
  3. Childcare Sandford or Childcare Durham cot?
    By momtobe21 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-03-2012, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Hunter Women's Health Centre
Hunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric health.

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!