+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default It just hit me a bit tonight ..

After looking at the 'show me your fav room' thread it hit me that I couldn't even participate. I live with my mum. With her stuff... And all of my things that I've chosen over time are in a storage shed. I have no pride in where I live and even though I've now been here for 7 months and will be for some time - I'm still just feeling like a boarder. We have our clothes and that's about it. I know stuff is just stuff ... But I've gone from building my dream home - to living cramped up at my mum's.

I fear that I'll never take pride in my 'home' again. I feel homeless within walls ... Pointless post really - just another reminder of how much my life has changed. Ho hum :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You will look back at this time in time and probably fondly at how far you've come. I say it to myself every 6 months - what a difference 6 months makes. We're perpetually in a state of renovation

It's where you are for now but not forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally understand what you mean, but there is sunshine after the rain. Chin up xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - yeah I know. I'm not too down in the dumps I just feel a bit lost. I'm desperately wanting to move out on my own but I've chosen to have a rather costly surgery in about two months time so once I've had that I'll be fine. It's just a tad disappointing - to think you have your life mapped out ... Then one person's actions can completely change the course!!!

You're right though babyla ... 6 months time and I'll be looking back at this time grateful I climbed back into my mum's nest to help me get to where I need to be. I wish wish I could be 6 months from now ... Now!!! Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can kind of relate, we have to stay with my parents quite a lot as we live so far away from everyone and everything, the long car trips home every day are just too much. But not being in my own home also sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's not ideal but you won't be there forever ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am constantly wishing my (our) lives away. I feel awful doing it but it's the thought of the future and the hope that keeps me going. Bring on 12months from now! (Actaully, atm I'm just looking forward to tonight when I can play soccer!!! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simplymum - it's not a good feeling is it - ticking off the days until ..... Well until you're in a place you feel much better about.

I seem to be focussing my energy (and stress) on my surgery. I'm working more than ever before and running myself to the ground just to get ahead. Making and saving money seems to be my agenda lately because I just want my independence back. Although it's great living here. My mum is truly amazing - but I'm just a person who needs my own place so I can run my own ship.

I find myself looking up rentals daily :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    I am constantly wishing my (our) lives away. I feel awful doing it but it's the thought of the future and the hope that keeps me going. Bring on 12months from now! (Actaully, atm I'm just looking forward to tonight when I can play soccer!!! )
    I so understand the 'wishing out lives' away. It's a strange thing isn't it always looking, working to the future. We're away this weekend and I'm adamant I'm going to enjoy the moment and not try to make plans or write lists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Simplymum - it's not a good feeling is it - ticking off the days until ..... Well until you're in a place you feel much better about.

I seem to be focussing my energy (and stress) on my surgery. I'm working more than ever before and running myself to the ground just to get ahead. Making and saving money seems to be my agenda lately because I just want my independence back. Although it's great living here. My mum is truly amazing - but I'm just a person who needs my own place so I can run my own ship.

I find myself looking up rentals daily :/
    Think of it as a means to an end, you're doing it to do the things you really want for your boys and for yourself. It's hard not being where you want to be. I go up and down with it. Some days I'm ok to be navigating plasterboard, nail guns and tools and other days I feel so overwhelmed and wish I was just in a finished house so I could enjoy just living.