+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm on maternity leave!! What to do!!

High five!
    What will I do with my time? Due in 3 weeks and trying not to spend much cash...
    How should I occupy my time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Read and rest and watch TV

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1. I know this first suggestion may sound a little boring, but has been so handy since is doing some light sewing to prepare for bubs - that's if you haven't done any already. Drawstring bags for different toys or objects, clothes or nappy bag items when out. Bedding. Made towels (nice ones on sale) into covers for nappy change table. 2 large towels made four covers - invaluable. If spew, poo or wee got on there, I'd just throw that one in the wash and get out a fresh one!

2. Do up list for group email/text for after birth, write up list of things to take to hospital and gather the final things together. Have babies drawers and clothes ready to go. Meals in the freezer. Stock up on all the bulky items not easy to grab with a pram.

3. Fun things - catch up with friends, go see a movie, hit the sales in preparation for next years' clothes for bub, do some cooking and invite people over, have a picnic lunch with partner during lunch (if possible). Grab name letters for their room and decorate them - if you know who is coming. Stroll the baby shops to get an idea of what is out there.

4. Head to the library for some cookbooks, reading books, DVDs, info on baby or baby name books. Books to read with baby.

5. Go for some nice long walks in preparation for labour...and rest, sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Put your feet up

Sleep in

Give yourself a manicure, (and pedi if you can reach), facial, hair treatment, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a lot of cooking so I could freeze meals for after we got home from hospital. Also did lots of walking, reading, the odd mani/pedi/hair appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe catch up on the gardening if your feeling up to it

Cook extra meals to pop in the freezer for when your strapped for time. One of the best ones I found with DS was to take a loaf of bread out of the bag, butter and fill slices with cheese and ham etc, then put to sandwiches back in the bag ready to make toasties at a minutes notice.

You could also make a tea cake or brownies to freeze if your the entertaining kind. A few impromptu visits might be on the cards once bubs is home.

Take a long bath. Read a book

Visit the local pool if its hot.

Make ur partner a lovely candlelit romantic dinner as a surprise when he gets home from work.

Catch up with some working friends during their lunch breaks.

Sleep in.

Premake some birth announcement cards or thankyou cards to send out after bubs is born.

I'm sure I can think of more but I'm a bit stuck at the moment. Will pop back in as I think of things. But most of all.. enjoy ur free time. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get your lady bits waxed. Three weeks before my EDD I went to the salon. DS arrived two weeks early, so it meant I didn't need to be shaved pre-op for my emergency c-sect.

Sleep in - I haven't had one in 11months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh. Get ur eyebrows waxed and tinted. I always feel alot nicer about my no-makeup face when my eyebrows are looking good.
    Especially when ppl are visiting at hospital, you want to feel and look as fresh as possible. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relax! Day time tv and nesting lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy it while you have the chance. I miss those moments.

Sent from my GT-I9300T

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamscapezd For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (21-04-2013)