+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What happens if you exceed recommended pram weight?

I bought a $50 twin stroller from target today. The only reason I bought it was to be able to push my 4 & 2yo around in it at the easter show. Every other year, we've only stayed half a day to go home for naps, but this year, none of them nap anymore so I bought a stroller in case they get tired so we can make a day of it. Anyway, the weight limit is 30kg. I would estimate my 4yo's weight to be about 22kg and my 2yo's about 15kg, which is over the guideline of 30kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd say that the fabric and / or frame wouldn't be strong enough. As in, eventually the weight would cause the fabric to fray or tear, and could cause the frame to buckle.

But, this is a guess, and I think it'd take a while to happen. If you want to use the stroller on a one off or occasional basis, it'll be fine. I'd use it, and I did once buy a cheap stroller to use on a holiday, that I left on the street when I was finished with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would say you wouldn't be able to push it very well. I have a 3 wheeler and tried to put my 3 Year old in it when we were out one day, and I couldn't steer it, I figured it was because she was above the recommended weight (we bought it for the baby).
    I would try it on dirt with both kids in it before going to the show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prams/strollers end up being hard to push and steer. It's a pain! I had the strider plus and a toddler attachment, and once the boys exceeded the limit, it proved to be difficult to push and steer (just moved awkwardly if that makes sense?).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks everyone

I'm hoping it will be ok for one day. They won't want to sit in it all the time, but I want it just in case.