+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No but I'm not a dog loving person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely not. If any dog bites my child, whether it breaks the skin or not, it will not be anywhere near my child again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, sorry to say. I have a staffy x kelpie x heeler x lab (bit of a mix!) and while she is great around my 5 week old now, if she shows any sign of aggression towards my DD she'll be rehomed, even though it would break my heart to do it. Our dog was our baby, but now our actual baby has to come first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulsParadigm View Post
    No but I'm not a dog loving person
    So am I.... but I still wouldn't keep a dog that regularly snapped at and bruised my child. My children deserve to feel safe and happy in their own home, as do my pets. If I had any animal that hated my children, or any animal that my children hated, they would be rehomed. I have a responsiblity to keep my entire family happy and safe, and obviously I'm not going to rehome my kids, so the pets would be found loving more suitable new homes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm actually really surprised this is a real question. My child would come first always! It's a no brainier for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I'm actually really surprised this is a real question. My child would come first always! It's a no brainier for me!!
    I DO understand the question, because having worked in the animal industry for majority of my life, it was always drummed into me that pets are for life, and you do not give up on your pets no matter what and you always make time for them and make a place for them etc and I DO agree with that,

but as a mother, I think it's crazy to put your own child at risk, even for the sake of a very much loved pet. Just not an option for me. My kids come above everything and always will.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    So am I.... but I still wouldn't keep a dog that regularly snapped at and bruised my child. My children deserve to feel safe and happy in their own home, as do my pets. If I had any animal that hated my children, or any animal that my children hated, they would be rehomed. I have a responsiblity to keep my entire family happy and safe, and obviously I'm not going to rehome my kids, so the pets would be found loving more suitable new homes.
    I took that posters post as no they wouldnt keep the dog but in saying that they arent a dog loving person anyway so that wouldnt be a shock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I took that posters post as no they wouldnt keep the dog but in saying that they arent a dog loving person anyway so that wouldnt be a shock.
    Oh you're right, my bad I read it wrong

Oh man, I ranted for no reason. How embarassing. haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely not. The dog would be gone after the first instance. If the dog is leaving bruises I would say it is biting not snapping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't rehome as a first resort, but if the risk to my toddler was ongoing then the dog would be gone.
    Last edited by sajimum; 27-03-2013 at 16:19.