+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    97
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks I just looked at petplan and their cost isn't bad at all and its peace of mind.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Yep. Well worth it. Maybe a bit more $$ than the others but they do pay out without much hassle. Keep in mind English Bulldogs are a restricted breed with them so there's a small extra premium on top of the normal cost.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    97
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    My beautiful boys. Attachment 33941
    Omg they are gorgeous!!!!!! Are you ever worried about them being stolen? Also do they shed alot of hair and do they stay off the couch? Im in total love with your dogs. Will you swap for two bratty kids?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    When we aren't home we leave them locked inside with the alarm but I'm on mat leave so home mostly. Also, unless show quality they wouldn't be worth much now anyhow and show quality dogs cost much more than what we paid for these two. : )

    They stay off the couch but only because we have taught them to do so. They used to be allowed on but not anymore. They do sleep on there though because I don't have the heart to kick them off. They are so cute.

    They do shed but not as much as other dogs can. We get them stripped out at the groomers twice per year which keeps the hair at bay and they get brushed out at the groomers every 5 weeks. Things to always have on hand with bulldogs are baby wipes, Curash and a good ointment for rashes.

    Lol, about to have my own bratty kid so will be a handful. EBs are awesome with kids so big bonus!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    97
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    When we aren't home we leave them locked inside with the alarm but I'm on mat leave so home mostly. Also, unless show quality they wouldn't be worth much now anyhow and show quality dogs cost much more than what we paid for these two. : )

    They stay off the couch but only because we have taught them to do so. They used to be allowed on but not anymore. They do sleep on there though because I don't have the heart to kick them off. They are so cute.

    They do shed but not as much as other dogs can. We get them stripped out at the groomers twice per year which keeps the hair at bay and they get brushed out at the groomers every 5 weeks. Things to always have on hand with bulldogs are baby wipes, Curash and a good ointment for rashes.

    Lol, about to have my own bratty kid so will be a handful. EBs are awesome with kids so big bonus!
    We all can't stop staring at your gorgeous dogs. I will be sure to ask you for advice when we get one

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Lol. They do get a lot of attention. Be prepared for that. : )

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    97
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Lol. They do get a lot of attention. Be prepared for that. : )
    Just another question, some breeders near us are selling pups for $3500 while others are over $4000 and upwards, how do I know what we should be paying?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Anywhere between $2.5k and $4.5k is normal to pay for a non show quality bull dog. The price tends to vary between breeders. The best thing to do is to talk to the breeders and suss them out, go visit and see the parents of the pups too. Make sure you ask about any health problems in the lineage. Just also be aware that once you visit a breeder and see puppies, it's very hard not to fall in love and go home with one. That's how we ended up with Barney and all of his issues. He was so darn cute!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    97
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Anywhere between $2.5k and $4.5k is normal to pay for a non show quality bull dog. The price tends to vary between breeders. The best thing to do is to talk to the breeders and suss them out, go visit and see the parents of the pups too. Make sure you ask about any health problems in the lineage. Just also be aware that once you visit a breeder and see puppies, it's very hard not to fall in love and go home with one. That's how we ended up with Barney and all of his issues. He was so darn cute!
    Your such a big help, thankyou I have contacted a few breeders but one has told me that they won't allow us to view the puppies until we have been approved and have secured one. I am confused as to how we can secure one without meeting them?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Registered Nurse/Student Midwife seeking women to assist!
    By clairemidifery in forum Seeking a Midwife or Doula?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 23:52
  2. Childcare Benefit for Registered Child Care and SAHM
    By minniemousey in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 19:31
  3. What do you look for with a registered home child carer?
    By share a book in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-05-2012, 15:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!