+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks I just looked at petplan and their cost isn't bad at all and its peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Well worth it. Maybe a bit more $$ than the others but they do pay out without much hassle. Keep in mind English Bulldogs are a restricted breed with them so there's a small extra premium on top of the normal cost.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    My beautiful boys. Attachment 33941
    Omg they are gorgeous!!!!!! Are you ever worried about them being stolen? Also do they shed alot of hair and do they stay off the couch? Im in total love with your dogs. Will you swap for two bratty kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we aren't home we leave them locked inside with the alarm but I'm on mat leave so home mostly. Also, unless show quality they wouldn't be worth much now anyhow and show quality dogs cost much more than what we paid for these two. : )

They stay off the couch but only because we have taught them to do so. They used to be allowed on but not anymore. They do sleep on there though because I don't have the heart to kick them off. They are so cute.

They do shed but not as much as other dogs can. We get them stripped out at the groomers twice per year which keeps the hair at bay and they get brushed out at the groomers every 5 weeks. Things to always have on hand with bulldogs are baby wipes, Curash and a good ointment for rashes.

Lol, about to have my own bratty kid so will be a handful. EBs are awesome with kids so big bonus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we aren't home we leave them locked inside with the alarm but I'm on mat leave so home mostly. Also, unless show quality they wouldn't be worth much now anyhow and show quality dogs cost much more than what we paid for these two. : )

They stay off the couch but only because we have taught them to do so. They used to be allowed on but not anymore. They do sleep on there though because I don't have the heart to kick them off. They are so cute.

They do shed but not as much as other dogs can. We get them stripped out at the groomers twice per year which keeps the hair at bay and they get brushed out at the groomers every 5 weeks. Things to always have on hand with bulldogs are baby wipes, Curash and a good ointment for rashes.

Lol, about to have my own bratty kid so will be a handful. EBs are awesome with kids so big bonus!
    We all can't stop staring at your gorgeous dogs. I will be sure to ask you for advice when we get one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. They do get a lot of attention. Be prepared for that. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. They do get a lot of attention. Be prepared for that. : )
    Just another question, some breeders near us are selling pups for $3500 while others are over $4000 and upwards, how do I know what we should be paying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anywhere between $2.5k and $4.5k is normal to pay for a non show quality bull dog. The price tends to vary between breeders. The best thing to do is to talk to the breeders and suss them out, go visit and see the parents of the pups too. Make sure you ask about any health problems in the lineage. Just also be aware that once you visit a breeder and see puppies, it's very hard not to fall in love and go home with one. That's how we ended up with Barney and all of his issues. He was so darn cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anywhere between $2.5k and $4.5k is normal to pay for a non show quality bull dog. The price tends to vary between breeders. The best thing to do is to talk to the breeders and suss them out, go visit and see the parents of the pups too. Make sure you ask about any health problems in the lineage. Just also be aware that once you visit a breeder and see puppies, it's very hard not to fall in love and go home with one. That's how we ended up with Barney and all of his issues. He was so darn cute!
    Your such a big help, thankyou I have contacted a few breeders but one has told me that they won't allow us to view the puppies until we have been approved and have secured one. I am confused as to how we can secure one without meeting them?