+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do I find a registered breeder?

Hi we are currently searching for a legit breeder of English Bulldogs, I have done the whole gumtree etc search but I really want to use a professional registered breeder.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, we just purchased an aussie bulldog and found our breeder through the aussie bulldog association. I would suggest googling the english bulldog aus association and they should have a list of legit breeders. There are alot of shonky breeders out there.
    Hope this helps a little.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss JL For This Useful Post:

Jax Tellers Old Lady  (27-03-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    BAM! Always go here to find any breeders
    https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds...sh-bulldog.asp

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Jax Tellers Old Lady  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss JL View Post
    Hi there, we just purchased an aussie bulldog and found our breeder through the aussie bulldog association. I would suggest googling the english bulldog aus association and they should have a list of legit breeders. There are alot of shonky breeders out there.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks for the info, can I ask how much you paid for yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We purchased him for $1600, for an aussie your looking from $1600-$2500 and an english anywhere from $2500-$4000. =]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jax, we have two English Bulldogs so happy to help with any questions or answer any queries. I second the DogsOnline website. That's how we found both of our boys. Barney cost us $2k but only because he had undescended testicles (we didn't mind, he was sold as pet only so had to be desexed anyhow). Oscar cost us $3.5k. Both are amazing dogs. Good choice on the breed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Hi Jax, we have two English Bulldogs so happy to help with any questions or answer any queries. I second the DogsOnline website. That's how we found both of our boys. Barney cost us $2k but only because he had undescended testicles (we didn't mind, he was sold as pet only so had to be desexed anyhow). Oscar cost us $3.5k. Both are amazing dogs. Good choice on the breed!
    Thanks for your reply, yes I think its the best breed for us. Have you fpund any health issues other than the testicles with your dogs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. You do have to be prepared for some health problems with any purebred dog. I would suggest you take out Pet Insurance as soon as you purchase your puppy. Bulldogs aren't as hard to look after as people make it out to be. Just a quick wipe of their faces every once in a while and they go to the groomers every 5 weeks.

Barney has luxating patellas in both his hind legs and has had 3 surgeries + lots of physio. He seems to be fixed now which is a relief. PetPlan has covered all of these expenses thankfully otherwise they would have added up to almost $20k. His issues are partly our fault as we just didn't know any better and should have asked more questions before taking him home. The breeder did tell us that he might be predisposed to this. Having said that, he has the most amazing personality and we wouldn't give him up for the world.

Oscar is the healthiest dog around and is built like a tank. You literally cannot do anything to hurt him. The only thing that's ever happened to him is a few ear infections which are mainly due to the fact that Barney keeps licking his ear. Oscar is also the most loveable, playful and loyal dog ever. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and he will not step away from me for a second, just in case something happens.

Bulldogs are amazing dogs. One piece of advice, buy one with an "outie" tail and not an "innie". Barney has an innie and it's sometimes hard to keep the tail pocket clean and infection free. Outies have no such issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Yes. You do have to be prepared for some health problems with any purebred dog. I would suggest you take out Pet Insurance as soon as you purchase your puppy. Bulldogs aren't as hard to look after as people make it out to be. Just a quick wipe of their faces every once in a while and they go to the groomers every 5 weeks.

Barney has luxating patellas in both his hind legs and has had 3 surgeries + lots of physio. He seems to be fixed now which is a relief. PetPlan has covered all of these expenses thankfully otherwise they would have added up to almost $20k. His issues are partly our fault as we just didn't know any better and should have asked more questions before taking him home. The breeder did tell us that he might be predisposed to this. Having said that, he has the most amazing personality and we wouldn't give him up for the world.

Oscar is the healthiest dog around and is built like a tank. You literally cannot do anything to hurt him. The only thing that's ever happened to him is a few ear infections which are mainly due to the fact that Barney keeps licking his ear. Oscar is also the most loveable, playful and loyal dog ever. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and he will not step away from me for a second, just in case something happens.

Bulldogs are amazing dogs. One piece of advice, buy one with an "outie" tail and not an "innie". Barney has an innie and it's sometimes hard to keep the tail pocket clean and infection free. Outies have no such issues.
    Thanks so much for all the info, so most things are covered with pet insurance? I just adore them and want one badly. Im in Nsw but am looking into Brisbane breeders and have contacted a couple. Are your dogs inside pets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends which insurer. We chose PetPlan as they are the only ones to cover 100% of vet bills and also complementary therapies such as physio. Make sure to insure from day 1.

Yeah, you can't really go past them. They are amazing pets. Make sure you train him properly though. They need to know their manners. Both are inside dogs. I don't think English bulldogs would be very suited to live outside. They are very temperature dependant.