+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    No, the wording of my post states "I" and "my" - not "you" and "yours". I know many mothers who do CC and whilst I don't believe in it, that's up to them. After all it's "their" baby, not "mine".

The OP asked for opinions from both sides of the fence. I am sorry if you find anything in my post offensive, however it was not directed at you, as like I said, I don't even know you. If you are comfortable with your parenting choices then that's all that matters to your family at the end of the day - isn't it? I know it doesn't affect mine.
    Not having thread closed so I'll just say Ok and be done.
    Thanks babyla and fearless I was sure I didn't read that sentence incorrectly .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used my own interpretation of CC; I would lay dd down and sit right beside her, if she started stirring I would 'shh shh' and rest my hand on her tummy til she settled. If she cried I would pick her up, give her a cuddle and lay her back down. Repeat as necessary til she went to sleep, then I'd leave the room. Within a few days I found that I didn't have to pick her up, then I didn't have to rest my hand on her and eventually didn't have to 'shh shh' her. She knew that I would be straight to her side if she wanted/needed me and would go to sleep happily.

I'll admit, I did mostly do it for myself. I was tired of having my nipples used as a dummy almost all day and everytime dd woke up through the night. It severely affected my supply and I ended up having to switch to formula. If people are going to criticise me for that, so be it.

ETA: I pressed submit too soon.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 29-03-2013 at 09:56.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I used my own interpretation of CC; I would lay dd down and sit right beside her, if she started stirring I would 'shh shh' and rest my hand on her tummy til she settled. If she cried I would pick her up, give her a cuddle and lay her back down. Repeat as necessary til she went to sleep, then I'd leave the room. Within a few days I found that I didn't have to pick her up, then I didn't have to rest my hand on her and eventually didn't have to 'shh shh' her. She knew that I would be straight to her side if she wanted/needed me and would go t
    This was pretty much me.
    Pat pat shh first night arm stuck through crib at awkward angle , felt like elbow was going to snap.
    Pat pat shh next night but leave before they fell asleep so they knew I was gone, they would grizzle for 3 mins back in pat pat shhh, out again once settled and dozing, they generally would grizzle again, I'd wait 5 mins go in again repeat leave and I found they would grizzle stop, grizzle stop may have to go in again around 10 mins because the grizzle stop turned back into constant grizzle , repeat leave and zzzzzzzzz.
    By night 3 it was pat pat shhh walk out at dozy then they would grizzle a few minutes and fall asleep. By night 4 I was done and they had learnt to self settle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013)