+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yep. We bedshare too once there are more than 1-2 wake ups.

I don't understand why ppl force babies to sleep alone when they can sleep so much better right next to mum.

I guess that's why there are no sleep schools in non western societies.
    It depends on the child. My 2 girls have been happy in the bassinet on their own, but my son wanted to be in our bed.

I find if my baby (3 months) is right next to me she goes looking for milk, but in bassinet next to me, she goes back to sleep on her own, no problem with that if she is happy. She wakes once a night for a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    I feel for the mums who's bubs don't bedshare well. I don't know how I'll cope next time if future babies don't sleep well next to me!
    My first boy was a dream sleeper, slept through at 6 weeks still naps at 4.5 years, just loved his sleep
    my second was like your bub, he slept well in bed with daddy and i until 11 months when he decided to sleep all night in his cot
    my third is shocking, he wakes every hour wheb hes in bed with me and has to be fed back to sleep. If hes in his cot its every 20 mins... This has been going on nearly 16 months... We're off to sleep school and im petrified of cc. I dont agree with it. Unfortunately im at my wits end, i can not continue like this and look after mu boys to the bext of my ability

i dont actually think i answered anything then! As you can probably tel im a little nervous about sleep school...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    I'm opposed to cry it out, I don't see the harm in cc within reason. I won't leave my Bub to cry alone but a little sooky (winding down) before sleep isn't going to harm her She's a great sleeper most of the time, and is generally happy to go to bed. Every now and again I have to rock her off to sleep, but it's only because she's over tired or feeling off. I couldn't leave her to cry and scream when she obviously needs some comfort (any more then I'd ignore an adult crying and in need of a hug).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Exactly my thoughts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    You know I am anti-CC in theory too..I don't like my bubs crying by any strech, who does?? BUT my DD by 6mths was a mess, she simply would not sleep anywhere except my arms...and I had to be standing or walking...I could not sit and rock, I could not bed share, standing and walking only. It was killing me! Actually we were both an exhausted mess as neither of us were getting any quality sleep. And that is not healthy for babies or mummies. So we did the CC "shush/pat" method (after a stay at Ngala Sleep school), and after 3 days we both were able to get some uninterrupted sleep.

I find it a little judgemental for it to be implied that my child didn't have "my full attention" when she needed it, or that I didn't want to cuddle or comfort her for any reason...I did want to, and I did that for over 6mths, and it was a disaster for our family. She was crying all night anyway! Every bub is different, and with a little knowledge (I was a first time mum with my DD) we can make our parenting journeys just a little bit more enjoyable. And we shouldn't hold parents in judgement for that - we are all doing the best we can, what works for one doesn't always work for another.
    You can read my post however you like. I can only give my opinion & relate things to my own experiences with my DD. If you feel judged by that, so be it. I actually find the whole idea that ME feeling something isn't right for ME & MY family somehow implies anything at all about any other mother absurd. How you deal with your children & your situation is entirely up to you, & if you feel you did the right thing, kudos to you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I dont believe in CC for myself and my children. I just cant do it and it doesnt feel right for me - it goes against my instincts so I just dont do it.

And to say I've had bad sleepers is an understatement. But I dont believe all babies should sleep through by 6-12 months like most of the books say etc. My oldest slept through at 3 years old and now at almost 5 very very rarely wakes up. DS2 started sleeping through about a month or so ago, at 2.5 years old. He wakes occasionally still, but for the most part is sleeping 6:30pm-6am.

I lived by the mantra "this too shall pass". The sleep deprivation was god awful and I certainly struggled at times. But I wouldnt change a thing and I intend on doing the exact same with DS3 when he is born because its what feels right for us

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a baby to be a mother, not to make him/her fit into MY lifestyle .....
    Pretty straight forward attack on a mother who does CC is it not?
    Yet this has nothing to do why I chose CC for my first two and may I add I co slept also. 8 months , 4 months and 11 months with my three.
    I still classify myself as a mother whose world revolves fully around my 3 Kids and has for 7.5 years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did CC for my DD at about 8 weeks. I would feed to sleep, put in her cot and then leave her to cry for 4 minutes (unless she was hysterical and I was uncomfortable with it I'd go in early). I'd then sit next the the cot, arm through the rails and pat and shhhhh until she fell asleep. Again, if I was feeling uncomfortable with the amount if crying, I'd pick her up and cuddle until she was calm, usually only took a minute or two. I'd then put back in the cot and leave for another 4 minutes and start again. I only did this during the day as she self settled at night almost straight away (not sure why, she just did).

She is now 20 weeks and a brilliant sleeper. She wakes up happy each time and no longer cries in her cot. She may squark or coo or what not, but doesn't cry. This worked for us. It suits her personality and it is what DH and I are comfortable with, so we're happy with it.

I don't feel that I've neglected my DD, in fact I believe it was the best for my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    I had a baby to be a mother, not to make him/her fit into MY lifestyle .....
    Pretty straight forward attack on a mother who does CC is it not?
    Yet this has nothing to do why I chose CC for my first two and may I add I co slept also. 8 months , 4 months and 11 months with my three.
    I still classify myself as a mother whose world revolves fully around my 3 Kids and has for 7.5 years.
    No, the wording of my post states "I" and "my" - not "you" and "yours". I know many mothers who do CC and whilst I don't believe in it, that's up to them. After all it's "their" baby, not "mine".

The OP asked for opinions from both sides of the fence. I am sorry if you find anything in my post offensive, however it was not directed at you, as like I said, I don't even know you. If you are comfortable with your parenting choices then that's all that matters to your family at the end of the day - isn't it? I know it doesn't affect mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, the wording of my post states "I" and "my" - not "you" and "yours". I know many mothers who do CC and whilst I don't believe in it, that's up to them. After all it's "their" baby, not "mine".

The OP asked for opinions from both sides of the fence. I am sorry if you find anything in my post offensive, however it was not directed at you, as like I said, I don't even know you. If you are comfortable with your parenting choices then that's all that matters to your family at the end of the day - isn't it? I know it doesn't affect mine.
    Semantics aside, women generally have babies to be mothers I would say, making this part of your post incongruent at best and I think fair to say, perhaps also somewhat passive aggressive.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013),atomicmama  (29-03-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I found your post offensive and passive aggressive, and I am completely happy in my parenting choice to never use controlled crying. Trying to turn around what you said and make it seem as if people are only going to find it offensive if they feel guilty (which is what you are insinuating) is pretty distasteful too.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-03-2013),babyla  (28-03-2013),Purple Lily  (28-03-2013)