+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Working and IVF

If your work doesn't know you are undergoing IVF, what days do you have off when doing a fresh cycle? Do you have the day of EPU and day of ET off? Or do you take more days i.e. after ET to allow for better chance of implantation? Interested to hear, especially from those who have had success.

Has anyone started a new job and told their new employer that they are doing IVF (or having fertility treatement) before taking the job? Found that taking days off with my previous job was stressful always trying to make excuses.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 27-03-2013 at 07:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    NEVER TELL YOUR EMPLOYER OR FUTURE EMPLOYER!!

In most cases, myself included, bosses who seemed reasonable turned horrible. My boss went around asking people to cover my maternity leave when he found out (I trusted one boss not to tell but she told the other one). I wasn't even pregnant. I was harassed about sick days I had with a medical certificate when they knew what I was doing.

Just call is sick for EPU, try and arrange scans around working hours, and work through your TWW. I honestly believe it doesn't make a difference. I've worked through all my TWW and had two stick and 1 fail. I don't believe it had anything to do with work.

DON'T TELL ANYONE IN YOUR WORKPLACE!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael

I think it totally depends on your workplace and your level within the organisation. I personally told my Manager that we were doing fertility treatment particularly as during the cycle I have scans with my FS and didnt want her to thnk I was applying for other roles. When you have EPU you can get medical certificate for a few days. You could always say that you need to have a procedure or day surgery done without going into the specifics. I have been lucky that all transfers and FETs have been on Saturdays so I have been back at work on the Monday.

With this last transfer I had it during the week - 2 day transfer so got called up suddenly and explained to my Manager I had another procedure and needed to work from home after that.

All the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BridgetSydney36  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I'm not too worried about scans and bloods because I can be there at 7am and out by 8:30pm, it's just the EPU and ET. We have spent so much time and money on IVF, the only time I ever had any success was when I wasn't working, at home relaxed on my couch so the stress of work makes me nervous. Willl definitely take your experiences into account. Thanks again