+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Zoloft and depression/anxiety worsening.

I started on 50mg of zoloft late last year and noticed improvements initially, particularly with my mood. My anxiety was mellowed out somewhat but never quite to the extent of my depression. I thought increasing the dosage might help so i gradually increased to 100mg.
    I'm almost through my first month on the increased dosage. Initially i felt quite panicky most days and had that horrible feeling in my chest like my heart was about to explode.
    That decreased somewhat but now i've found myself having my first panic attack in a long time and feeling very teary/ even bursting into tears for no particular reason.
    What's going on? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Would it be beneficial to lower my dosage?
    I think with lexapro it seemed less effective when on a higher dosage too. Could there be any reasoning behind this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    how are you doing now?

I think its best to chat to the GP.

Just curious, why did you go off Lexapro, I am going to ask the GP next time I go in as Lexapro is quite effective at managing my anxiety/depression but I feel quite disconnected on it, not sure if that makes sense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found Zoloft was effective for me and I needed to go to the GP to get put on a different medication. I also didn't Lexapro effective either.

I suggest going back to your GP. Sometime it can be a bit of a trial and error to find the medication that is right for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh suffers from anxiety. When he first started Zoloft in march he found when he increased the dose for at least two days he would have panic attacks.
    His dr prescribed Xanax and he takes 1/2 in the morning and 1 Zoloft in the afternoon and he has found that combination perfect. The Xanax has really made a difference for his mornings and it allowed the Zoloft to really start working on him as it took the edge off.

You may need to check in with your dr to see if it is the right combination for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on Zoloft lexapro seroquel epilim for anxiety depression and bipolar and none of them helped but make me worse
    Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app