i am hoping someone might be able to help me, or be able to shed some light.
I am currently 13w2days with my second. My first I lost in nov 2012 at 12 weeks exactly, missed miscarriage, ended up having a D&C - unknown as to cause of loss.
On Friday (just gone) I went for my 12 week NT scan. My partner and I just thought it was another chance to see our bubs. After seeing a hb of 177bpm, and the little one toggling around we left ecstatic! It was at this scan last time we found out bubs had passed.
Anyway shortly after I got a call from my OB saying I needed to go to Melb immediately to have a Tertiary Scan as the baby appeared very unwell. She stated the NT was 4.2mm (supposedly 4 x what it should be) and there was fluid around the baby. I was very shocked as I am 24 and my partner is 26, both good health. Needless to say we were very niave!
i had the second scan done yesterday at a hospital, followed by a recommended CVS (ouch!). I was give either to option of Terminating or pretty much waiting until the baby dies. It was horrible. The scans showed a perfect heart, lungs, limbs etc. although still the high NT reading, fluid around the baby and fluid on the lungs and stomach.
I feel so helpless. The lady pretty much told me Termination was the better option. I don't know what to do. I am waiting on the FISH results from the CVS, and just keeping my fingers crossed. Bubs was so active yesterday, even a suprise to the Dr, and I just can't imagine how sick he/she actually is.
Has anybody been through this or something similar?? Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry about the Novel - I am just so distraught and worried ='( praying my little one is strong and survives despite the odds!