+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DS, I had such a bad stomach ache. It wasn't labour pains but an actual upset stomach. I was on the toilet with the runs (sorry tmi) and I was screaming in agony.. Yes, I was in that much pain. An hour later I felt pains in my lower abdomen. It felt like a constant stitch. I decided to go to the hospital to check it out and apparently I was in
    Labour & 2 cm dilated. They were surprised I wasn't hunching over because the machine was telling them that they were pretty intense. I was only 34 weeks pregnant. They gave me a bunch of pills and I was on bed rest to stop the labour.

The next 4 weeks, I'd feel contractions at night, especially while I slept. I felt pains in my cervix as well. I'd have contractions for an hour and then they'd stop. I constantly had the runs as well. I was induced at 38 weeks so I never got the find out when I would have gone into labour naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    #1. lost plug on a Tuesday, kicked off irregular contractions until I couldn't take it anymore (wasn't able to sleep or eat etc), on Friday morning. checked at 10am and was admitted at 4cms. contractions still weren't regular so I had arom, pictocin & an epi. had ds at 10pm. 40+1.

#2. I'd been having strong bh since 32w so on the night of 40w I didn't think much of it but I noticed they were strong every 10 mins. went to bed, woke up to roll over (lol) and waters popped at 2:30am. they still let like strong bh but went from every 5 mins to 2 mins really quick. got to the birth centre at 5am and 8cms. dd was born 45 mins later. no time for drugs. 40+1 again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preterm labour at 32 weeks, contractions felt more intense than BH and they were very regular. Also I had back pain which I hadn't had with my BH. They stopped my labour and then I was still in pre-labour until my waters broke at 36 weeks and my beautiful healthy DS was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt rather "vague/dreamy" for a couple of days before labour. My mum had been up visiting and when they left on the Sunday told me she'd be back within 24 hours she was that sure I was going to go. Sure enough, Monday evening I was in the hospital at 11:30pm and welcomed DS 4.5 hours later.

My pre labour felt just like period cramps. I had the runs for a bit (The bod's way of clearing everything out I guess!). I didn't lose my plug till 10pm and I had my waters broken by the midwife while I was pushing so neither of those were part of my pre labour (active for me started about 9pm as judged by the intensity of contractions by the midwife).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noticed a bit of extra (clear) mucus on the Sunday night while using my epi-no. Monday morning had a bit of a show (slight pink mucus streak). 38 week midwife appt that morning, she said maybe things were starting but could still be weeks away. Early Tuesday morning got up to pee and lost a large mucus plug (looked like someone had dolloped a large spoonful of jellymeat in my knickers!) Spent the day shopping, getting my nails done and had lunch with a friend. About midnight that night woke with "period pain", lasted probably less than a minute and happened again half an hour later. Took a panadeine to help me sleep. In the morning period pain cramps still about half an hour apart, called midwife to see if DH should go to work that day and to see if these were contractions (she said yes as he wasn't too far away and contractions might slow during the day anyway). Cramps slowly got more frequent but weren't too painful or lasting very long. I got DH home at lunchtime (about 15min apart then). I spent most of the day resting. By about 5:30pm contractions were 3 every 10 mins so called midwife. I think this was technically about the start of real labour as they were getting more painful, I had to "breathe" through them and I wanted to sit on the toilet (not actually do anything) rather than rest in bed. Got to hospital around 9pm, waters broke around 9:30pm and then the pain really started, not long after that DS's head was visible to DH and midwife as I went through transition and DS was born at 1am. I never had any braxton hicks.