+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about your pre-labor! :)

As the title suggests, Im interested into pre-labor stories.

What symptoms did you get? How long were you in pre-labor for? How did you cope? etc

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None with #1 - he was staying in there forever - cs
    With #2 - 7hrs pre-labour before real labour kicked in - still 3 min apart, started light cramping and built up - took another 2 days of labour til born.
    #3 - Would start and stop up to a week before birth. Night before started getting prelabour at around 6pm - on and off throughout night, kicked in a little stronger after getting up next day, went for walk, real labour kicked in at noon, baby out at 6pmish. Can be irregular or regular cramping like pain that comes and goes - mine were both regular.
    Our mc was different - felt like bad period pain - constant for around 4 hours before baby came. Still dilated though. Have heard some women have this type of pain though as their pre or normal labour even though it isn't as common.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine felt like period pain type cramps. They were irregular and would last an hour or two and then disappear again. This went on for about two weeks. I was induced at 39weeks due to pre-eclampsia but before they induced me the Ob did an internal and found I was already 3cm dilated from pre-labour.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Per labour for me was from about 7 am (to counting the couple of cramps that woke me in the night) until about 9 pm when real labour kicked in. They were like strong period pains.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in pre labour for weeks apparently. But I wasn't dilating. I was at 1-2 cm dilated for about 2 weeks. Night before I was induced I went into proper pre labour. The weeks on end were just regular tightenings of my uterus, occasionally becoming like period type pain, but mostly went unnoticed. The night of pre labour was worse. I had really bad hip pain with each contraction, but they were very irregular. I was fine if I breathed through them. The hip pain for me was worse than the actual contractions. I think that if I wasn't induced my DS would still have been born that day.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    just thought I would bump this thread and get some more stories I have had on and off lower back pain and loads of tightenings that are irregular but can last up to an hour. Upset tummy the last few days and I am pretty grumpy! The thig is I am only 36w 3d....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for evening crowd :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    just thought I would bump this thread and get some more stories I have had on and off lower back pain and loads of tightenings that are irregular but can last up to an hour. Upset tummy the last few days and I am pretty grumpy! The thig is I am only 36w 3d....
    I was in pre labour for weeks and loosing plug from 36 weeks.
    I could even time my BH. I couldn't believe I wasn't going into labour.
    Finally at 39+2 my hind waters broke, lost my plug at 10pm. Contractions instantly 3 minutes apart and she was born at 7am

Thanks
    Reviews
    36 hour Labour with ds1 no pure Labour.
    Ds2 3 weeks of pre Labour very quick birth. 40 min.
    As others have said it was irregular cramping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first labour my waters broke with a gush. I don't think I had a pre labour. Contractions were close and intense and my baby was born 2 hrs later.

The second time around my waters broke with a trickle. I guess what I was in for the rest of the day was pre-labour...much like Braxton Hicks, intermittent, getting a bit stronger during the day. I stayed like this for 12 hrs or so until my c-section (breech).