+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't understand this 'active wear' business. I'm not sure now I even know what y'all mean by 'gym clothes'. I went for a run yesterday in plain dark grey yoga pants and a plain every day black t-shirt. I would wear that to the shops fo sho. But I jogged past another woman wearing leggings with the contour stripes on them and a bright orange racer back singlet. So then I realised maybe that was 'gym clothes' and no, I wouldn't wear that to the shops. I wouldn't even wear it to the gym!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1364769767.708947.jpg

FL, these are the flash pants that several of us are talking about as 'active wear'. I don't count these as gym/workout pants as I'd never be comfortable wearing them in that situation.

These are more an 'inbetween' of trackies and jeans IYKWIM. I wouldn't wear my trackies out, but sometimes can't be bothered putting jeans on either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I don't understand this 'active wear' business. I'm not sure now I even know what y'all mean by 'gym clothes'. I went for a run yesterday in plain dark grey yoga pants and a plain every day black t-shirt. I would wear that to the shops fo sho. But I jogged past another woman wearing leggings with the contour stripes on them and a bright orange racer back singlet. So then I realised maybe that was 'gym clothes' and no, I wouldn't wear that to the shops. I wouldn't even wear it to the gym!
    No idea what the real definitions are, but in my world the other woman was wearing "gym/workout gear", while you were wearing "active wear". To me "active wear" is anything that's comfortable enough to move around/exercise/be active in, without specifically being designed for exercise only, IYKWIM. I spend most of my life in "active wear", but I only own one outfit of "gym/workout gear" which I would only wear on a day I was going for a proper run or to Zumba class or whatever (and yes, on a day like that I WOULD wear it to the shops or to get a coffee; it's a nicer and more expensive outfit than any of the clothes in my wardrobe! ).
    Last edited by Sariele; 01-04-2013 at 09:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Attachment 34191

FL, these are the flash pants that several of us are talking about as 'active wear'. I don't count these as gym/workout pants as I'd never be comfortable wearing them in that situation.

These are more an 'inbetween' of trackies and jeans IYKWIM. I wouldn't wear my trackies out, but sometimes can't be bothered putting jeans on either.
    I wouldn't wear those out. Too close to trackies for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    such a hierarchy of clothing, who knew?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    A

I wouldn't wear those out. Too close to trackies for me
    See these are what I call trackies... What are trackies, then?? Like the old school elasticated ankle things with the toggle drawstrings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went out the other day in trackies and jumper! Felt so uncomfortable in my comfys in public

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    See these are what I call trackies... What are trackies, then?? Like the old school elasticated ankle things with the toggle drawstrings?
    Not sure if you're saying those LJ pants are trackies but yes to me they are trackies and I wouldn't wear them in public. Having said that I would wear them to the beach.

I also wouldn't wear this, which is what I think of as a more traditional tracksuit (either part of it alone or together):

Wholesale_Brand_New_Women_s_Velour_Track_Suit_2009_New_Style_juicy_couture.jpg

I don't give a rats what others wear - I wouldn't do it - it's not me. I'm a jeans woman all the way. I have had a loathing of trackies / leisure wear most of my life.

ETA I think I am elastic waist phobic.
    Last edited by Sonja; 01-04-2013 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh Sonja I love velour trackies like those. Would never be caught out of the house in them, but... I have a dark grey, diamante encrusted pair
    I agree the pair Pesca showed, I would call trackies. But I would wear them to the playground or to get milk bar, but not the ones you showed.

But i think I must be getting old- the first thing I thought when i saw those pics was 'she'll get a cold tummy wearing that silly top'

ETA the sort Pesca put up, I actually call my 'park pants' as in, they are the trackies I will happily wear for a walk in the park and a stop off at a cafe, or to the playground.
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 01-04-2013 at 10:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The flash pants peska put up are far from trackies in my opinion. They aren't even the same material, they are more a light weight cotton and the fit is similar to cargo pants.

Sent from my LG-P705 using BubHub