+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I spent almost $60, I have two almost 4 year olds and an almost 4mo.
    I bought the older two each a toy rabbit, a chocolate bunny and some random eggs for an Easter egg hunt.
    Also some stuff to make our own Easter baskets.
    4mo old DD got a stuffed rabbit and I bought myself some Ferrero Rochers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i cant speak for everyone else but the reason why we do a toy at easter is from when they were real little and couldnt eat chocy now ours get 1 joint pressie and choccies. I guess it saves having them go into choc overdrive. I see alot do pyjamas ive never heard anyone do that hehe. Learn and hear new things everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    What child doesn't like chocolate?? lol

Everyone in our house has a sweet tooth, especially for cadburys choccie. And if I'm completely honest....... I sneak half theirs
    Sounds like me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing it a little bit different this year. Both boys are getting slippers, DS1 is getting undies (about to start TT) & DS2 is getting a dinosaur snuggle blanket (for camping) plus a choc bunny lollipop from us. They will be given choc from family & the friends we camp with so trying to minimize the chocolate intake. Usually we give PJs but we scored some hand me downs a few weeks ago that have already been put to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On dd (3) I probably spent about $50 on a new fancy drinking cup and I put some marshmallows in there, peppa pig pj's and a pack of ten easter eggs for a egg hunt.

I also got her to make dh a easter basket out of an old box which he can always keep.
    Then I spent about $20 on our parents and $13 on me a cool mug and chocolate combo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 3.5 and 1.5. They're getting:
    Pair of winter pj's (cause they need them) - $8.50
    Sneakers (also needed) -$10
    Cadbury bunny - $5
    Big bag of Red Tulip small solid eggs to share - $8
    2x 10pk cadbury hunting eggs for the egg hunt to share - $20

So roughly $37.50 on each kid. I also had to buy DS a basket for the egg hunt which was $6 (DD still has hers from last year). I'm also making them a stuffed bunny each.

We've done the PJ's and shoes this yr cause last yr we bought them WAY too much chocolate and wanted to avoid that this yr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep lots of kids getting pj's for Easter
    We have always been quite sugar conscious with the boys so the reality is they don't get chocolate/lollies much at all. Even at 5yrs ds still won't eat much sweet stuff when offered to him because he's not used to having it. The family like to do the chocolate overload and most gets thrown out so we encourage more practical things to be bought for the boys. Because we are leaving on the Tuesday after Easter Monday for 5 weeks holidays we won't even be bothering to do an Easter hunt this year. I also buy good quality chocolate as can't stand that sugary crap tasting chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $13
    Two cadbury bunnies and a bag of solid eggs ..for two kids

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too much! my mum and i always buy winter pjs for the nieces and nephews because they get too much chocolate anyway. We have 5 to buy for and usually spend about $30 each plus we'll usually buy a big bag of solid eggs and make little baskets with a few eggs each. Usually costs us $150 for all the kids, but we have a lot to buy for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $15-$20 for my 2.

DS2 is 5 months and just started solids so he's getting a little plate/bowl set.

DS1 is 2.5 years, he's getting a small egg that comes with 4 dinosaurs, and a little pack of kinder bunnies.

Then a basket each, rabbit years and those teeny little easter chicks to put in the basket (because I love them!)

My sil & niece will be here on holiday, she's 6 weeks younger than DS2 and will get the same as him.

We don't do family gifts, but do spend Good Friday &/or Easter Sunday together and buy a lot of food etc to bring together, so that adds up & is a great day :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast