+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bit of a dumb birthday question...

DD1 is about to turn four. I'm a stay-at-home so her first, 2nd and 3rd birthdays have been at home. This year however, she is a kindy kid. I asked her if she wanted to spend her birthday at home or kindy and she's chosen kindy.

So how do you do birthdays on a 'school day'? Do you get your child up extra early to allow time to open gifts? Do you hold off the gift giving til after school? (surely not!).

I'm just not sure how to go about this. I'm interested to know what others do. I don't particularly want to rush her... and I understand she'll be wanting to play with her new toys... But if she's going to kindy I still want her to be on time.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    main present in the morning...they go to school with cupcakes to share.

More pressies and their special family dinner that night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We do pressies before school - cupcakes to take to school and grandparents come for dinner with their presents.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    When i was young i always opened presents after school and thought it was a little strange people opened them in the morning beforehand! We certainly wouldn't have had time at breakfast.

I guess it depends on how much time she has after kindy and before bedtime.

Presents were good after school as it meant we could have the birthday cake after dinner then presents.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im going against cupcakes and saying make jelly cups with a Freddo in it....frog in a lake or something like that its called. Way cheaper and easier to transport and less messy for the car ride home for all the mums and dads (and after school care workers )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Im going against cupcakes and saying make jelly cups with a Freddo in it....frog in a lake or something like that its called. Way cheaper and easier to transport and less messy for the car ride home for all the mums and dads (and after school care workers )
    I bring them in at lunch time and they eat them after their lunch. There's no transport or mess issues?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I bring them in at lunch time and they eat them after their lunch. There's no transport or mess issues?
    Cupcakes are always a winner, I was just offering another suggestion I was pleasantly surprised when my DS came out of his class one day with a jelly cup and a freddo in it cos it was something different. Thats all I meant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Cupcakes are always a winner, I was just offering another suggestion I was pleasantly surprised when my DS came out of his class one day with a jelly cup and a freddo in it cos it was something different. Thats all I meant.
    Oh ok - I've never had anything come home because it's always eaten in class but I agree jelly cups are cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's called frog in a pond!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a child we were woken up to the family singing happy birthday in our bedrooms. Presents were brought in at the same time.