+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntyamber View Post
    They can't tell you to leave town and they can't call hold protective services because until that baby is born it is part of your body and has nothing to do with cps
    I put in child safety reports all the time for pregnant women. It's an unborn high risk alert
    - domestic violence
    - neglect/abuse of current children
    - inprisonment
    - excessive alcohol/drug use

Its disgusting the things I see, and OP you are nowhere near that criteria.

If you were still living 800km away then it'd be a different story.

The fact they've got a midwife on duty is awesome, so they should be prepared for a normal delivery if needed and the midwife would be trained in resuscitation of the baby if needed and they'd be able to manage a small/mod pph until they got you transferred.

38 weeks sounds reasonable to go the next town, if anything happens before you move, just present early to your local hospital so they have time to transfer you if needed.

No worries mate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the birth of baby 2. I am in a remote town & was told very similar (36 weeks) but was presented in a much more pleasant way (go home to mum where you have support) then at 38 weeks was not supposed to leave the major city/ proximity to chosen hospital. In the event something had happened earlier I would have been relying on RFDS who could have been 4 hours away. That was baby 2 for me, we are now planning baby 3 well in advance to add travel/accomodation expenses for all scans & birth. Hope you are in a lovely location for this exciting time, Congratulations to you & your lovely family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has to do with which stage they are allowed to deal with. In my town anything under 36 weeks and they must go to sydney. In another town if your over 90kgs you are asked to relocate nearer the hospital as you cannot birth there.