+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol, so pluck them off...it's all they do in the factory!!! cook them as per normal..it kills all the germs you think you will gain lol...I'm sorry but comming from out west were we kill to eat...this is just laughable!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Ive seen worse than a feather. Try gutting a chicken before stuffing and salting it. I even had to chop a mangled chicken head off once too.
    I'd much rather the odd feather.

Though eating a chicken wing/leg where the bone inside it has been shattered will make me vomit.
    Yes I've had to do this a couple of times. Bought uncooked chickens, open them up to stuff and find half the insides still in there, and one of the organs, lodged under the skin on the outside by the neck.

Didn't want to waste, so just cleaned it out and then stuffed it.

Both DP and I have come from the bush. DP has no issues preparing his own food.

Sent from my Unicorn.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 02-04-2013 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    THEY DONT GET WASTED!!!
    (yes i hope you read that like i was yelling)
    its irks me that people think because you wont eat it or pluck it that you just throw it away. Pfft we cant afford to be that wastefull as im sure most others arnt. DH will eat them but i refuse too. Thats my right. I cant stomache it and i wont force myself too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here it's just me and the kids and I will through them out, I paid for them ill do what I want with them, simple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Here it's just me and the kids and I will through them out, I paid for them ill do what I want with them, simple!
    thats your right to do so.
    I just dont cook them til DH is home to eat or pluck the feathery ones lol
    i dont like being wasteful and try hard not too but yes is DH werent here they would be thrown out cause my kids are picky and wont eat them either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    lol, so pluck them off...it's all they do in the factory!!! cook them as per normal..it kills all the germs you think you will gain lol...I'm sorry but comming from out west were we kill to eat...this is just laughable!
    There is more of a chance of them going to waste by me forcing myself to eat them () than if i just a) didnt buy them or b) give them to the kids/DP instead. I am physically unable to stomach certain foods, and that is laughable to you? Nice.

Also i have kids, everyone put your hands up if your kids NEVER wastes ANY food you put on their plate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    There is more of a chance of them going to waste by me forcing myself to eat them () than if i just a) didnt buy them or b) give them to the kids/DP instead. I am physically unable to stomach certain foods, and that is laughable to you? Nice.

Also i have kids, everyone put your hands up if your kids NEVER wastes ANY food you put on their plate
    ohhh i know right. Mine are shockers at dinner time.
    They get cereal or toast for breakfast and whatever i give them at lunch and they usually have a piece of fruit between those meals yet its a struggle at dinner time. Just when you think youve found a dish they like and they will eat a mountine of the next time you cook it they want absolutely no part of it. Grrrr. We have now got to the point of if you wont it then its bath story and bed. Slowly were getting better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    why do your kids need to see the feathers??? don't you pluck them off before cooking? :/ My kids would be repulsed too if they were served chicken with feathers!
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 02-04-2013 at 15:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    why do your kids need to see the feathers??? don't you pluck them off before cooking? :/ My kids would be repulsed too if they were served chicken with feathers!
    No, i leave them on, because im a mean mummy.

(ftr, i dont actually BUY chicken wings. If we have them its because DP bought them, and he cooks them, not me, im pretty sure he would pluck the feathers off)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    nope i dont pluck feathers. That was the whole point of this thread lol
    DH will pluck them if there super feathery (which doesnt happen very often) otherwise if its just an odd feather he has no issues just eating it. GAG!
    My DS is super picky i marinate the wings or buy them premarinated so the odd feather is sometimes hard to see i cook them up and dish them out. DS will look it over several times before deciding if he wants to eat it and he can spot a feather a mile away.
    My nan used to raise and kill her own chickens and we used to as kids watch how it was done. We got to know those chicken before they became dinner. Doesnt mean i particularly like or want to pick feather off chickens. And in this day in age i dont have too either
    I also refuse to cook and eat whole fish because my stomache just wont let me.
    I eat meat yes. Do i touch it yes but with gloves.
    Do i respect that it was an leaving breathing creature before becoming my dinner.... Yes i do.

But some people just cant stomach that stuff and shouldnt be judged bad for it.