+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I ended up standing my ground for my baby shower as my mum was getting out of hand not doing anything to benefit me but all for her. It caused a bit of tears at first but now it seems to be going fairly smoothly so all I can say is stand your ground. It's your day and you shouldn't have to stress about it.

Sent from my talky stick

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Its your shower. If she doesnt want to plan the kind of shower you want then tell her not to plan anything and do it yourself. Its not her party just because she is planning it.
    I did this (my cousin is helping me plan instead of my mum because my mum didnt like how I wanted it).

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you really want your hubby to come? If yes, then you can probably find a way to make it work by just talking to him and the two of you coming to some sort of agreement. That way at least you're both on the same page in dealing with his sister. If you don't really want him to come, then tell him and the sister no, and they can go and do their own thing together if they want. This is your shower. Be honest. Otherwise you'll end up having a lousy day with people and activities you didn't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tales For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Its your shower. If she doesnt want to plan the kind of shower you want then tell her not to plan anything and do it yourself. Its not her party just because she is planning it.
    My thoughts exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    When I have my baby shower hubby is gonna go out for golfing and beers with the boys
    This is what DH did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is why I didn't end up organising a proper baby shower. Too many people who would expect an invite that I didn't want to be there and too much drama trying to accommodate everyone else's wants.
    Instead, I am having lunch with a few close friends (and partners) and that's it. Nothing big, we're not even calling it a baby shower. It will be a nice opportunity for us to celebrate the next stage of our lives with those who mean the most to us, without all the drama (and stupid games :P ).
    Later on I will probably have a girls day out with my mum and sister.