+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby Shower

I am starting to plan my baby shower and am hitting dilemmas left right and centre. I originally wanted a just close girlfriends shower, so maybe six people, but have now decided I'd rather do a co-ed baby shower so baby's dad can be there too. However, as his parents hate me I don't really want them there, yet I still want to invite my mum. I see how this may be a problem for him, but I only want to spend my time celebrating with people who are close and important to me. Also, I don't really want alcohol there, yet how do I say this when most of his close friends don't seem to be able to go a single day without drinking?
    And lastly, how do I keep my guest list to under 25 people (at the very most) when he wants to invite everyone he knows?
    I feel like I'd rather go back to my original plan but as my close friend organising is his sister, she is very much pushing for coed so he can be there, but the drama associated with this is doing my head in. And I know that having partners means they all bring their kids (most of my friends have 3-4 kids)...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is why I canned the idea of a baby shower. Spiraled out of control.

If I were you Id stick to the original plan. If your friends are the type to turn up to a baby shower with the assumption that its BYO booze then maybe just note on the invitation that it is an alcohol free shower.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do one with your friends as originally planned, and tell him if he wants to do something with his friends go right ahead.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Do one with your friends as originally planned, and tell him if he wants to do something with his friends go right ahead.
    But as she is his sister (the one organising) she is on my back saying it's unfair if he can't come

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I have my baby shower hubby is gonna go out for golfing and beers with the boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    When I have my baby shower hubby is gonna go out for golfing and beers with the boys
    Hmmm perhaps I should suggest this...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flyawayfree View Post
    But as she is his sister (the one organising) she is on my back saying it's unfair if he can't come
    Its your shower. If she doesnt want to plan the kind of shower you want then tell her not to plan anything and do it yourself. Its not her party just because she is planning it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (25-03-2013),waterlily  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with London... its your party - you have it the way you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Its your shower. If she doesnt want to plan the kind of shower you want then tell her not to plan anything and do it yourself. Its not her party just because she is planning it.
    This! So much this! It's your shower, you need to do it the way YOU want xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a hard one shame you can't have things your way. I'm not PG yet but DF was invited to my friends baby shower I was friends with the father first as we dated when we were 19 an remained close friends and now am very good friends with his lovely GF of 5 years. DF laughed that guys were going to the baby shower and said when the time comes no way in hell would he be going to look at and play baby games he is a bloke blokes don't do that kind of thing. So guess wont be inviting any other guys along lol, he can just come play with things later in the say when people are gone. Don't know what I'd say about the alcohol thing if I can't drink why should everyone else lol.