+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    This probably sounds stupid and isnt easy to put into practice but works a treat.. my yoga instructor (also a midwife) told us to stay calm and breathe through leg and foot cramps, that tensing up is what causes them to last longer and hurt the day after. I try to lay very still and take steady deep breathes and they go away much quicker than my old grab them ans scream method lol
    I should give that a try my method at the moment is to scream which makes my husband think I've gone into labour lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hahaha yeah I've scared hubby a few times! It is hard to put into practice because when you're in that much pain your instant reaction is to tense up, just keep reminding yourself not to. Before they would last up to a minute now they're gone in 10-20 seconds

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a magnesium tablet a day has kept them away, I think it's blackmores ones that say suitable for pregnancy. I don't take the full dose but if I get one will take the full dose the following day. Have only had 3 since taking the tablets

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LittleRosePetal For This Useful Post:

madreader  (25-03-2013),MamaMell  (11-03-2016),May baby  (25-03-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad to hear it was nothing too serious even though it still hurts. Now you can put your mind at ease and get a good sleep...that's if the cramps stay away!

For the other posters...Does the magnesium help normal leg cramps...you know the ones that make you sit bolt upright in the middle of the night when you're not pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also try a hydralite icey pole or drink before bed... A GP told me to give it a try, as it helps replenish your natural salts. Worked wonders and reduced the number of cramps I was having significantly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaKye For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can buy magnesium gel & rub it on your legs - works great. Magnesium is absorbed better through the skin..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jess1992 View Post
    I take one extra strength magnesium tablet from time to time now and it keeps them away.
    I get the same issue too, but since I started my own dose of magnesium they are no where need as bad when they happen; which is a lot less now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately i too suffered these horrible things whilst pregnant and even during birth it was horrible and magnesium tablets did help i hope they subside for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As everyone has mentioned magnesium
    helped me hugely, I got it in powder form... Disgusting, but I would have a glass before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    another magnesium fan. I was taking them before pregnancy too to aid with chronic, terrible tension headaches that triggered migraines. Really helps with relieving tension in muscles. I used to use a powder form that you mix in with juice, now I use a capsule version of that powder form. Good luck they are horrible!