+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    The bee has an extendable handle and has most certainly a reversible seat.

I love my Bee.
    This.

Thepouts, you got pink?! Wahooo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BaronessM - I'm pretty sure only Babies R Us sell the Sola in Australia so that's why you don't see many around. It's a shame because I think it's a really good cheaper alternative to the bugaboo cameleon (but you're so right about the attachments - I can't believe the carry cot / bassinet is $300).

Did you use your Sola for a newborn? If so, do you think the carry cot is necessary?

ThePouts - glad you're happy with it - I think I will just have to convince DH to get one now! My sister has a cameleon but she says she thinks the Bee may be better for us as we have a smaller car and heaps of stairs down to our house but DH really doesn't want it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes for pink!

I have never driven anything like it it is so so smooth. Good luck convincing your DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LambJam and Pouts, thanks for edumacating me ~ I had no idea the Bee had a reversible seat. Out of interest, do they have a carrycot for the Bee? Are the accessories terribly pricey?

I realise it has an extendable handle ~ the seat being so low was a prob for me, though, bending down to a bub so low was was I was thinking. I'm glad you love your Bees ~ when making a big and expensive purchase like a pram, something we all use so much, it is so important that you like it and it works for you. I love the sun canopy on the Bee ~ so stylish, a lovely shape. I was so close to buying one, but I go cross-country a bit, and with the small wheels, I wasn't sure how it would handle. Also was a bit more than what I wanted to spend.

Newlywed ~ the carrycot is not necessary for the Sola (we went without one for a bit, and had a tiny prem who was perfectly comfy in it without the carrycot). The belts can adjust to a very small size. The seat has 2 buttons in the leg area, so it is flat until you depress the buttons and the lower leg area bends at the knees for a toddler. It lays back very well. Everything is easy to find; you don't feel like you need a licence to drive it (fold it down, etc). Very intuitive.

The carrycot is ridiculously expensive, but such good quality and well worth it. It is very well made and large ~ our boy was in it up until 6mo. Fab for sleeping instead of a bassinet, a bit heavy, but you can carry bubs anywhere in it with a bit of muscle. Our guy slept in it a lot. Well worth the bucks. Not really necessary, but so nice to have.

My only criticisms of the Sola are the soft wheel rubber, which picks up gumnuts in my area, and the lack of travel-seat attachments. Our capsule fitted into the cot, though, and the base for it under the pram, so when I was being picked up from the shops by someone else, I could take the lot. I put 2 shopping bags on each side of the handle, and 4 or so in the basket. It carries the whole fortnightly shop, and the boy (I have even been seen balancing large boxes across the handles...)!

You really have to drive one ~ the steering is amazing. It turns on its own axis, and fits through shops where other prams won't go. The fabric is very easy to clean. I think I've seen pink aftermarket accessories for it online (if you are a 'pink' person. Mamas and Papas have some gorgeous prints), but when we got ours, it came in black and grey, and brown and turquoise, I think. We have the black. My partner loves that the handle goes up high enough for him, and I love how it folds...really compactly and easily. I just cannot rave about it enough!

Oh, and I just read about your having stairs...the Sola does stairs very well. The large back wheels go straight up stairs in a flash, and the front wheels are lockable to go straight for getting on and off trams (we find we never use that, though). If you like the look and feel of it and your partner is involved in the decision, get him to test the Sola ~ DP often comments on how great it is.

Even though the carrycot is expensive, the foot-muff isn't too bad. I think it was around $70. Has funky magnets on each side to fold it down/up. We use it a lot in winter, it is totally waterproof. For the price of the Bee, you can most likely get a Sola and the carrycot. Especially if you look out for the discount coupons in Toy's R Us catalogues.

Good luck with your decision, and sorry this post is so damn long!
    Last edited by BaronessM; 15-04-2013 at 00:36. Reason: stairs ref

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Out of interest, do they have a carrycot for the Bee? Are the accessories terribly pricey?
    All you need to buy for a newborn is the cocoon, which is around $150 (and doubles as a foot muff later on)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    All you need to buy for a newborn is the cocoon, which is around $150 (and doubles as a foot muff later on)
    Yes we also got the cocoon, i love it! Bub looks so cosy in it. Glad the weather is getting cooler so we will get a lot of use out of it