+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC 2nd IVF/ICSI baby?

Hi all

I have a 13 month old DD from our 2nd ICSI cycle. Since then I have had 1 FET BFP but miscarried at 7 weeks, then had 2nd FET and Chemical Preg.

My first pregnancy was stress free with no issues. I am wondering if anyone went back to the beginning with a fresh cycle for child no.2 and how long did it take you to get a BFP? I do a long down reg cycle with Genea, my husband has to have TESE (biopsy) done to remove sperm as it gets highly damaged on the way out. Other than that I am completely healthy (fertility wise).

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovenewfies

We're in a similar situation but unfortunately I don't have any good news to share with you. We have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old dd who was an ivf icsi baby from our very first cycle. She was our only surviving embryo from that cycle. We have been trying for # 2 for 12 months now and after two fresh, one cancelled (none of our 3 frosties thawed) and one FET, we still don't have our #2. All cycles BFN :-(

We have done one short orgalutran cycle and two long down reg cycles. My hubby has mfi too but we have frozen sperm which was taken years ago before he started the nasty meds that he's been on for the last couple of years. As far as we know, I have no problems.

We're currently in the process of changing fs and clinics and hope to start our next cycle in may. For now we're just really trying to enjoy what we've got and remain positive (which had been so very difficult).

Take care. Don't stress or put too much pressure on yourself, I'm sure that's why our cycles haven't been working :-( Hope your journey is quicker than ours has been xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PPs, just wanted to stop by and wish you luck with your upcoming cycles. I'm TTC #2 with IVF, DD was naturally conceived (guess we were just lucky back then). We found out during the process of TTC that DH has MFI, so we don't have any sperm frozen from before he was on his meds. As far as we know no problems with me except for old age. I had a BFP with a recent FET but recently miscarried.

for all of us for better luck soon.