+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weightloss success

I'm interested to know (and discuss) what 'diets' people have tried and what was the best for long term success?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did the ultra slim shakes and kept my fat intake to 10gms max per day and power walked a min of 2 km per day. I lost 20kg within 6 months and it lasted 4 yrs...then i fell preg again and let myself go. I really need to do this again, i just need to be in the right mind and have the will power

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did Atkins (low carb diet) similar to tont fergusson, body trim etc, very successful lost 20 kilos easy to stick with in the early months and results are fast (up to 5 kilos in the first week if done correctly)

However can get draining as there isn't much that you can just pick up and eat you have to prepare in advance an every meal requires some level of preparation also quite difficult to eat out as not awhole lot to choose from

But if your more of a home body or like me nee to see results to remain focussed this could be a good start or at least a kick start in the right direction

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried all sorts of things, but the thing that has worked for me has been ditching refined sugar and vegetable oils. I still eat other carbs and fats.

I have effortlessly lost 13 kilos and it's stayed off. I also feel much healthier than in the past when I have restricted calories.

I really don't think calorie restriction is the long term answer as a generalisation. All it does is put your body into famine mode and slow down your thyroid/metabolism. If you are hungry you should eat! Just choose something nourishing!

There is a good called eat fat/lose fat that I have been meaning to read but from what I have heard it follows the same idea. I probably shouldn't recommend a book I haven't even read lol, but from what I hear it's good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the " Get The Fat Outta Here" book and have been following the eating plan, teamed with Duromine and have already lost 5 kg. Probably would have been more if I was able to do my usual walks but haven't been able to for a few week due to injury.